Software for Trading Spreads

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by robbo, Nov 22, 2019.

1. robbo

robbo

Can any Traders recommend good software for charting spreads. I am trading future spreads and stock pairs. TT is not an option at $800-$1,000 a month.

2. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

if you hold spreads long term, leg them by hand. As soon as you need to fight for ticks there is no option that is fast enough and ceaper than TT

robbo likes this.
  3. MichalTr

MichalTr

If you need it just for charting (you asked about charting software):
    - Sierra Chart can chart both ets and synthetics - basic version 26 usd/month, but you still need some data feed (you can have it for free with some brokers)
    - Tradingview is very good option if you don't need real time data it's for free (you have both stocks and futures), but with free version you can chart synthetic spreads only in daily resolution, if you need intraday it costs 29 usd/month or you can use some "spread" indicator to have intraday spreads charts for free. For real time data you need to pay for data or have it as your charting platform with some of brokers (it uses CQG data). For Stocks real time data is rather cheap here
    - IB TWS can chart synthetic spreads too
    - you can also use Ninjatrader for charting for free, but you still need some data feed for that and import spread indicator to make it work

Iw will be good if you precise what for you need it. And do you need realtime data or some delayed is ok, or "end of day" is ok. Do you need availability to execute trades or not. E.t.c.

robbo likes this.
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

TT is from $50. Esignal classic delayed is $55 a month if you just want spread charts.

robbo likes this.
  5. how can I use tws to chart synthetic spread?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  6. MichalTr

MichalTr

I'm not sure about it. But from what I remember in TT standard (which is 50/month) you can chert exchange traded spreads, but to chart your own spreads you need auto spreader (to create spread and then have possibility to chart it) and that is 400 / mo. Another thing is that in main post there is info also about stocks.

7. MichalTr

MichalTr

I'm not using TWS, but I remember there is something called "Virtual Securities" - you can make your own synthetic security and use it to make analysis. Look for something like that.

8. robbo

robbo

Thanks for the replies. Will look into each of the recommended software at weekend.

9. Handle123

Handle123

For FREE, best I have found is www.barchart.com
    You can apply indicators on them, they have history, even intraday-delayed.

I believe they have real time using CQG and broker list with an upgrade top cost $165mt.
    https://www.barchart.com/trader

drm7 likes this.
  10. TDA ThinkorSwim. Easy to chart a spread. /UB - 3*/ZB

#10     Nov 22, 2019
    TimtheEnchanter likes this.