so i got millions, now what?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by thelolo, Sep 2, 2008.

1. This is the third ET thread about a young whale poker player turned trader. I expect this one to play out as the others did - the story is most likely BS and the OP will disappear with 1 post, nonetheless there will be 4-10 pages of responses.

The other thread starters attempted to make the case that online poker is no longer lucrative. Ridiculous. I have a good friend making low six figures in online poker consistently for many years now. Nothing has changed.

This OP fails to give any reason whatsoever for quitting poker, not exactly helping the BS meter any..

#51     Sep 3, 2008
  2. 1. Workout. Take classes of boxing or other fun workout sessions., build you upr confidence, you need execise staying at home all day.

2. Continue working on making new friends, join clubs, hookup with old friends, you just need 1 wing to go clubbing,

Join parties, galas, all sorts of shit, now that you have money, you have the freedom to infuse yourself into various events with no care of $ admissions.

3. Work on your social skills, talk to everybody.

4. Use that social skills you worked on, probably take you like 1-2 years, find a very attractive girlfriend. It'll take you 1-2 years guaranteed.

5. Continue making money
    6. Continue making money
    7. Buy some real estate that gurantees a 10% return on rent.
    8. Continue making money.

thank yourself when you get to my age, 27. I was your age, did the same things,

9. Continue making money. Money is the only entertainment in lief where there is no ceiling. You compete with the best of the world.

----------

How to keep your money.

1. 30-40% real estate, 30% cash, 30% stock market trading account with 2x margin.

2. Don't invest in anything over 7% interest, all of them are bullshit and fraudulent.

3. Real estate , always buy near
    a. Public transportation (subway)
    b. In the city

This will allow you to have a pool of good renters to pick from, and your place will always be leased out, Good renters/payers = stress free landlording.

Have a real estate out in the boonies, you'll get a redneck renting your place, resulting you utter distasfaction.

3. Shape your own theorys of life, how to approach it, Keep it risk low, reward high.

4. Keep liabilties low, such as car payments, insurance, no 2 cars, no hummers, maybe 1 good car max.
    You never know when the money train will end
    You don't really want to be poor again and redo it, there is no #2 internet poker bubble coming anytime your lifetime.

5. To find a quality wife/gf, become a quality guy, don't be a loser, you won't need to spend much money on her if you are a quality guy, but if you are a chump, you will need to overcompensate and buy her lots of shit.

6. keep working on your trading account, its the best game there is.

7. Make sure you exercise everyday or every other day, keeps you from going into depression, too much energy = depression.

8, Try to travel around the world with the lowest cost of living, and live there for awhile, like 1-2 months

Test the places you want to live in , and live there, now you have money you have freedom.

When you find a super low cosst living, with the highest class of living, you now are living in pure heaven

24/7 servants
    gourmet food cooked
    housekeeprs
    $400 rent for a 2000 sqft condo with 3 balconies
    Good niternet connection
    Women at your leisure

You can't find this without living around in different countries, take 3 weeks - 1 month to live in each country , feel it out, then move.

Always rent, never buy when doing this, you move around too much, can't maintain a foreign investment

9. Only buy real estate where you have people stable and permentant to take care of and collect your rent , such as relatives and such.

#52     Sep 3, 2008
  3. poyayan

poyayan

Now, this guy know what he is talking about....:) Although for me, I would like to do more.

#53     Sep 3, 2008
  4. Get a financial planner and do what they say. Put most of your money away earning low interest, so it will still be there no matter what else you do. Then, take a little bit ONCE from that big bucket and keep trading. DO NOT invest in more real estate unless you want to continue gambling.

#54     Sep 3, 2008
  5. What were your screenames? Were or are you a 2+2 guy? Just curious.

It sounds like you need a life/friends. Do whatever you are interested in. Go to cooking school, college, church, anything really, just to get involved with people and do something you enjoy.

#55     Sep 3, 2008
  6. FWIW (which may not be much, but here it is nonetheless) as a former internet poker player, I believe the content of the OP's post due to the details posted within. If this is who I think it is, the OP was something of an internet poker legend in his day. He definitely had my respect, due to what he was able to do with the game, and how he did it.

Thelolo, although I haven't been successful trading yet, imo the next phase of your working life should be dominated by whatever you'd do if money wasn't an issue. This could be working at a hedge fund, this could be building sweaters, no one can tell you.

#56     Sep 3, 2008
  7. dafong

dafong

i'm a friend of this guy, everything he says is true. Sorry in advance.

He went to UC Berkeley and his party poker name was lolotrickedu

#57     Sep 3, 2008
  8. all my posts to this thread were simply my feeble attempt at humor.

tongue in cheek

:p :p

good luck to all!

#58     Sep 3, 2008
  9. rawfist

rawfist

You could start by not posting in here and exposing yourself as poor white trash :p

#59     Sep 3, 2008
  10. Backpack around the world! You will find the Bluebird of Happiness along the way.

#60     Sep 3, 2008