so i got millions, now what?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by thelolo, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ATLien

ATLien

No... he said he made his money playing poker at the online tables when there were still a lot more fish to be fried. Playing TAG (tight aggressive) was an easy way to consistently make good bank back in the day; now you have to open it up and play LAG at higher stakes to do well.

#31     Sep 2, 2008
  2. JackR

JackR

He was playing on-line poker the way I read it.

Jack

#32     Sep 2, 2008
  3. ammo

ammo

instead of starting these threads and answering to them yourself,why dont you take one of those classes on how to meet people,there are a lot of extremely shy people that have a tough time leaving the house,you can do it,there is even a fear of people that the shrinks have a term for,maybe you should read up on it ,when your not messing with the people on et

#33     Sep 2, 2008
  4. this post is clearly a farce. Everyone on ET knows money buys happiness.

#34     Sep 2, 2008
  5. Somehow I missed the word "Poker" in between Internet and Bubble. Never mind, I'm putting my drunk ass to bed.

"I consider myself to be a very lucky guy. I had the opportunity of a lifetime four years ago when the Internet <i>poker</i> bubble was at its peak. I profited massively and made between 1 and 2 million after tax, having made an average of just over 2000$ per hour. I became a millionaire at age 18."

#35     Sep 2, 2008
  6. great story lolo,

my advice is you need to live in a place that is conducive to your lifestyle.

Because you have experienced the freedom of trading for yourself you'll probably have a difficult time being somebody's bitch at a hedgefund for small money.

i would continue trading but live in a place where you can use your free time to your advantage, and where others have a lot of free time as well so you can hang with them.

#36     Sep 2, 2008
  7. very true, I'm having 2 brides mailed to me from russia next month:D

#37     Sep 2, 2008
  8. Haha, good stuff PTF

#38     Sep 2, 2008
  9. I know a great commodities broker who can easily make you a million dollars! But you have to start with 2 million! lol

He can also make you broker and broker..

bro a million or two after tax really is peanuts in the USA these days.. it is a lot of money to most but you are barely scratching the surface... most successful business owners on the net are making 1-2 million A YEAR after tax.

#39     Sep 2, 2008
  10. Joab

Joab

Believe it or not -

You sound just like me at that age.

Do not become so bored that you piss it all away just so you can make it again.

I made it and lost it 3 times because of the need for challenge.

A hedge fund job is a good idea but in the end IF your like me, working for someone else will never fly.

My best suggestion is to take a year and Travel everywhere you can imagine.

Sooner or later you will meet the right woman and she will spend all your money and then make you work hard for more and your days of leisure will be over.

This didnt happen to me till I was 42 and trust me it sucks when it does so get out and travel the world NOW.

#40     Sep 2, 2008