So every tick on emini equals $12.50?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dominic, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Dominic

Dominic

I have been thinking about trying out the emini futures; so for the s&p emini's every tick equals $12.50 with one contract or $50.00 for a pull tick?

Thinking about using IB to start; any advice on who to use for charts for futures? Not sure if IB offers realtime charts?

Thanks

2. CHINKITY CHINK HEE HAW HEE HAW

IT'S DOMINIC THE DONKEY!

CHINKITY CHINK! (HEE HAW HEE HAW)

THE ITALIAN CHRISTMAS DONKEY!

J/K

Dominic, yes, $12.50 per tick. But do yourself a favor- don't think in ticks - think in points. If you knew better you wouldn't want to be a scalper. Be a TRADER.

Risk about 2-4 points in attempt to take 10-25 from ES.

Trade Support & Resistance!

Good luck, friend.
    :D

3. Dominic

Dominic

Thanks for the advice!

Question; do you now if Lind Waldock is a good broker for eminis? I currently use Schwab for my equities and they have a partnership referral with LW.

4. Hey Dominic,

Lind Waldock is a very good broker.

I clear directly through MF Global & naturally Lind is a Guaranteed IB for MF.

Good company.

REMEMBER: Focus first on your strategy & technique; don't lose yourself in silly indicators & counting pennies in fees.

Hope this helps!

5. Dominic

Dominic

Thanks!!

Hopefully we both are on the same side of the trade..:)

6. IB does have real time charts. You can also use their feed to DDE to say Amibroker charts (I use them btw w/IQFeed). Keep in mind that if you use the free feed from IB to your charting software, backfilling data will be mighty slow.

7. Surdo

Surdo

MF Global owns Lind Waldock.
    Man Financial purchased the assets in 2005 from the failed REFCO.

What do you mean by Lind being a guaranteed IB?
    Futures accounts are NOT insured in the event of a failure.

8. For futures trading, Open Ecry is a firm to look at as their platform AND data is free to customers.

http://www.openecry.com

9. You ain't from around here, are ya?

10. brownsfan019, do you know why the margins have gotten so bad on openecry? They used to give a person a lot of rope to hang themselves (joke)? Now everything requires huge capital upfront even for intraday. I am about to dump them, oh and the commissions have gone up too.

#10     Jan 29, 2009