Smuckers

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, May 17, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

JSM
    This one is going up.
    I shared it via PM with some members here when it was at $124, but it still has a long way to go.
    ER in June. Average in on any and all pull-backs. And there will be pull-backs.
    That being said....It has $140 in it easy.
    Granny stock.... but its a winner.
    fwiw

2. With a name like Shmuckers it's gotta be good. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

It took out $126 today. ;)

victorycountry likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

$128 ....
    time to close for now. Earnings next week. Pet segment will drag it down.
    Still a good long, but it will be cheaper.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well it went cheaper...but its $132 now.
    They beat on bottom line.
    Haven't read the report yet

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its probably a good short term short here.
    Guided in line. Profit beat through cost cuts.
    Its gonna pull back.
    Stop @132.55

7. I have been watching 7 large food stocks like ConAgra, Campbells, General Mills, Hormel, Kelloggs, Tyson and Smuckers.

Each of these stocks has a negative 1 year return after hitting all time highs.

Based on the recent price consolidation, it seems to me that the sell off is starting to wind down.

I wouldn't be surprised if these stocks get back on track and start moving higher.

vanzandt likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

All the money is elsewhere. These are boring right now. Macro-jitters should move them higher when they set in. Right now its all about high PE flyers.
    I look for further pullback in Smuckers near term. It was a good short today @132. Went to the $127's.
    Its going to be dead money for awhile now, unless like I say market jitters set in. I will update after I listen to the CC later.