Simulating institutional spreads on retail accounts

Discussion in 'Forex' started by dima777, Dec 7, 2019.

1. dima777

dima777

Hello,
    I am testing the auto portfolio manager on mt4 on ducascopy and ic markets (both offer reasonably low spreads). The system was developed with the average 0.5 pip spread in mind for the top 28 pairs (closer to institutional reality). I need to run this strategy on a retail mt4 to simulate insitutional performace - or there are prime brokers which offer mt4 demos?.

A few points:
    • this system was made with institutional spreads in mind

• and institutional execution...

• top 28 pairs for the top currencies

EURUSD
      GBPUSD
      USDCHF
      USDJPY
      USDCAD
      AUDUSD
      NZDUSD
      EURGBP
      EURCHF
      EURJPY
      EURCAD
      EURAUD
      EURNZD
      GBPCHF
      GBPJPY
      GBPCAD
      GBPAUD
      GBPNZD
      CHFJPY
      CADCHF
      CADJPY
      AUDCHF
      AUDJPY
      AUDCAD
      AUDNZD
      NZDCHF
      NZDJPY
      NZDCAD

• ic markets RAW SPREAD and dukascopy ECN offer at best 1,5/1,2 pip spread on average

• currenex can offer 0.5 but I cannot back test on them

which retail broker you think is the closest to insitutional spreads? or do you know any prime brokers which offer mt4 demos?
    thanks a lot!

2. cvds16

cvds16

maybe tickmill is what you are looking for

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Www.interactivebrokers.com is an fx ecn with best prices from 18 large banks. So you are getting the best wholesale price but have to pay a low commission.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. dima777

dima777

thank you for ib suggestion - can anyone recommend if they can offer currenex/prime level spreads?

5. cvds16

cvds16

spreads are way smaller at Tickmill which functions as ECN too. Personally I like IB for about anything but just not for forex, been there, done that ...

6. dima777

dima777

how do Tickmill spreads compare with ic markets?

7. cvds16

cvds16

I don't know about ic markets but just try tic mills demo.

8. pipeguy

pipeguy

Yeah Tickmill or Hotforex perfect for backtesting they also offer Vip Demo I Guess. But what is the sense to use instant execution for backtesting? It kills the whole strategy, no?