Similarities of Trading & Dating

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Commodity_Trader, Apr 7, 2014.

1. to me, Dating & Trading are almost the same,,most of people loose in both of them ,while marriage is similar to risk all of equity in a single trade and this trade may go against your interest , if it happens in trading you will loose all of your account, if it happens in relationship, you will be divorce and will loose your house :)

moreover,exactly , when you are going to ask about a girl phone number you don't know
    if she will reject you or not (even the most handsome men are rejected over 90 % of time) ..the key is continuing efforts and cut losses short ( never to spend any money at all for girls ) & let the profits run ( never have he fear of loosing in a relationship and have the confidence of your trade setup).

a good trader have the essentials for be a good "girl hunter" too because he has mastered his "own" mind :D

naomi.t likes this.
  2. Big Balls

Though they don't guarantee success, they do provide a clear advantage.

drcruz likes this.
  3. Both have the following in common:

• They both are out to f()ck you.
    • The learning curve is a long hard road.
    • At least you can walk away from the market.
    • Both typically have tragic endings for most people.
    • No matter what you do, choose or act upon you will be wrong.
    • Hookers, drugs and money are the keys to happiness and a woman/man is overpriced head ache that just won't go away.

The risk to reward ration is not very good.

naomi.t, orbit23 and drcruz like this.
  4. I totally agree with this. My biggest losses in trading have been chasing guesses that look alluring but cost me big ("easy, hot women") or acting too fast / aggressively on a trade that matches "the profile", but out of my own fear and / or irritation I dump it when the going gets rough. Usually 2 days later it explodes to the upside :eek: and if I actually held it, sell it way too early. :(

Interesting comparison, stocks and women.

5. Indeed ! and I will add : the person still will not start working on their own psychology/spirituality so as to make trading/dating and easy and healthy ( including financially for the trader ! ) activity . :)

6. Brad Pitt is rejected 90% of the time?

7. You know I am sure that 90% of people do not want to work on themselves, but
    want the goods ( is it entitlement mentality ? don't know).
    I have to say that even Brad Pitt did work on himself :
    - from table waiter to seriously wealthy
    - from kind of ok physically, to very handsome
    - etc...
    As in trading : work on yourself and see the "good things in life" attracted to you.
    You will not need to chase crap masquerading as quality, as quality knows quality
    when it sees it.

8. I agree with you except the hookers & drug , a wise man never uses drugs and NEVER pay hookers for sex, sex is free , don't take them serious,don't spend money for them, they will give all they have to absorb your attention.

9. You have to understand people like Satan's helper : a very good looking gal will not 'degrade' herself for people who do not have their acts together. So what are the Satan's helper type to do if they are not keen in working on themselves?

10. both of money & women stimulates the certain segments of our brains and these segments are associated with joy ,moreover the human mind is FRACTAL. a fractal repeat itself in different extends ,also markets are fractal too, they repeat themselves ,if a child is so conservative usually he will not risk alot at his/ her adult time too because human is fractal .that's why i think markets and dating are same

#10     Apr 8, 2014