Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by FX_Hedge, Sep 25, 2018.

1. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I loved Sicario 1 and the 2nd movie jumped to a whole new level. The asymmetrical story-line of these 2 movies was fantastic!

I can't wait to buy this -

Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

2018-09-25_1024.png

^lol^

Movie was meh. The border crossing scene in the first movie was essentially the only action in the movie.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  3. I'd have to agree there, plus the whole thing about the guys leaving their prayer mats?

Far far too much was awkward and contrived. It had a good Michael Mann style rolling battle but otherwise too much pure fantasy.

4. destriero

destriero

Had that Mann atmosphere, but basically a desert shootout to save on extras and sets. They had the city take-down of the Cartel accountant, but it was poorly defined. No Cartel would have believed they weren't CIA nabbing the accountant. It wasn't terrible.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  5. destriero

destriero

Yeah, WTF was the threat once the mullah went boom? Oh jeez, there are ISIS crossing the border?! Nobody had thought of that! OK, let's cause a Cartel war. THAT will stop ISIS from crossing the border... not increased surveillance.

6. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I never watch a fictional movie and expect perfect alignment with reality. I thought the movie worked for captivating entertainment covering a range of current issues. One topic I would like to see in any next Sicario movie would be "how" the CIA was working with Colombian cartel and banks like Wachovia (and others) to launder their funds. I like when movies show the dysfunctional positions of intelligence agencies as they work hand in hand with the worst criminal elements to drive higher destructive agendas.

7. destriero

destriero

They jumped the shark... you want to involve ISIS? Fight ISIS and their facilitators. You want a Cartel war? Have the Cartel strike inside the USA.

I realize that the thrust of the plot was the former, but it was all ISIS for the first 10 mins and then they ceased to exist. I think that they missed an opportunity to show ISIS interacting with the Cartel.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    FX_Hedge likes this.
  8. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I would like to see those who made the Sicario movies go out and start a new line of movies dealing with the wahhabi sect ties to building al qaeda/ISIS over the past decades. Exposing the wahhabi sect connection to their controlled opposition elements of al qaeda & ISIS and those who allowed this arrangement to exist would be a fantastic subject matter!

9. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

To a point, I understand where you are coming from.

10. Carlll

Carlll

I never watch a fictional movie and expect perfect alignment with reality. I thought the movie worked for captivating entertainment covering a range of current issues. One topic I would like to see in any next Sicario movie would be "how" the CIA was working with Colombian cartel and banks like Wachovia (and others) to launder their funds.

#10     Nov 16, 2018
    FX_Hedge likes this.