Should Israel strike Iran?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Kin2, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Nice, rational, logical response...

[/QUOTE]

#21     Aug 5, 2006
  2. Didn't say that you should shoot him. So you'll use words? I would act, prepare to defend myself. I would take action, and assume that the time for words may be over.

I'll say it again... you two make a weird duo.

#22     Aug 5, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

I'm a gun owner living in Florida. Yes, there's a very useful "no retreat" law. All that means is, as a citizen I don't have to avoid bad guys before I shoot but you best believe my level of reprisal had better be in proportion to the actual threat. (i.e. never shoot someone who isn't displaying a weapon).
    [/QUOTE]

#23     Aug 5, 2006
  4. [/B][/QUOTE]

Stick and stones z10.

There are several other adolescent terms you could apply as well.

#24     Aug 5, 2006
    #25     Aug 5, 2006
  6. Yes, I could apply several adolescent terms to your comments, but why state the obvious?

#26     Aug 5, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Honestly I don't know what the fuck you're saying. I'm sure if Iran were to bomb Israel that the Israelis have a military response plan in place.

Saddam used inflammatory language toward the U.S., attempted to assassinate a former American President, funded Hamas suicide bombers in violation of U.N. resolutions from the Gulf War and even still the left is 100% against the U.S. being in Iraq. Yet those same libs think Israel should bomb Iran over threats. How much you wanna bet that if Israel goes to war with Iran within 48 hours it's another American war.

#27     Aug 5, 2006
  8. Take a Valium and try to relax, Pabst.

Z said you should respond to words with words. I said if the words are "I am going to kill you and your family", as they are in this case, I would respond with actions, and prepare to defend myself and my family. I wouldn't try to talk the guy out of it. That's it. That's all.

Try not to let old grudges inform your posts. It's clouding your judgement.

Sheesh...

#28     Aug 5, 2006
  9. Pabst

Pabst

So which is it? Prepare or take action? Two very different courses. If someone threatens you it might be wise to carry a gun. However if I shoot someone over a mere threat, no matter if I deem it legit or not, I'm probably going to prison.

For Israel to bomb Iran over threats is preemptive. I know what you and your ilk think of preemptive wars.......

#29     Aug 5, 2006
  10. preparing to defend oneself is taking action, isn't it?

All I said was that if someone says to you 'I am going to kill you and your family', it is stupid to suggest that the best course of action is to respond with words!!! YOU JUST SAID that if someone threatens you it might be wise to carry a gun. What if someone threatens you and you don't own a gun. Should you go out and get a license and buy a gun?? Doesn't that qualify as acting in preparation for self defence??

You're losing it - you are attacking me for making an argument then making the same argument yourself.

#30     Aug 5, 2006