Should I pull the trigger on Sheridan Mentoring Program

Discussion in 'Options' started by Dave K2, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Dave K2

Dave K2

So I have been studying options for income trading for a little over a year off and on when time allows. Have a beginners understanding of the strategies and the greeks. I am profitable in paper (Yea I know not a big deal) but have done very little live trading.

I am seriously considering buying into the Sheridan mentoring program because I am going to have around 5 months off of work and would like to make the most of my time and get moving in the right direction with my investing. The big holdup is that I only have 20K total in my investing account and I am having a really hard time knocking that down by $6500. This could workout fine because from what I have seen Dan want you to keep your live account at $10k the first year anyway and I should have some much bigger capital to work with in the next few years.

My question to all of you (especially those of you who have been through the program) is it realistic to think that I could be making 3% to 4% a month (on my whole portfolio not just the income portion) two years down the road if I am willing to put in the work? I know there are no guarantees in investing but I don’t want to jump into this with unrealistic expectations.

Thanks for an input

Dave

2. Roark

Roark

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

HELL NO! HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!HELL NO!

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

3. How long of a mentoring program is that for $6500? 3 months, 6 months, a year, until you learn to do it on your own?

4. It's positively wonderful how masters of the craft are so willing to share their wizdome with the unwashed masses. At any price, a bargain!!!

5. Odd first post ......... Looks like SPAM to me.

6. Dave K2

Dave K2

I agree I think it is a great deal just with the limited capital I have on hand I am trying get a feel of if my expectations (3% to 4% a month) are realistic or not.

7. I suggest we have here a graduate of the Shill Mentoring Academy

[​IMG]

8. Dave K2

Dave K2

You would think that if I was trying to advertise for Sheridan Mentoring I might make some claim as to great returns or play it up in some way. I just wanted to get some opinions on what kind of returns others who have been through the program.

So if anyone has been through the program I would like to here what you have to say.

Thanks

Dave

9. If you really want a pay mentoring service I would try the link below. They are have a 3 month mentoring program for $6000 or a lifetime for $10,000. They also offer classes and some free recoded materials and free online webinars.

http://www.tradingacademy.com/courses/XLT-Courses.aspx

Although I feel you can learn a lot from free materials just searching the web. Many sites offer lots of free advice, strategies, webinars, etc.

TDAmeritrade claims to have some free "workshops" but they may try to sell you more stuff when you go.
    https://wwws.tdameritradeconferences.com/workshops/

10. pspr

pspr

Just curious. Why are the masses "unwashed"? Are some of the masses washed?

#10     Nov 19, 2010