Short squeeze opportunity - MTCH

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by unconventional wisdom, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Looking for a bit of value in the tech sector I recently came across MTCH (Match Group: PE of 'only' 46, market cap $24 bil, decent earnings and growth).

MTCH is of course several online-dating platforms including Tinder. I believe online-dating will be a growing industry during and after the pandemic because I imagine meet-cute's at grocery stores, gyms, even schools, etc., will be more difficult.

what surprised me is that the short-interest in MTCH is huge. According to some sources, 76% of the float is short! (please correct me if i'm wrong)

i'm long MTCH and tempted to make it my largest position on any positive earnings. i'd be grateful for any feedback from the traders here - especially if anyone would like to discuss how to recognize (or even initiate) the start of a short-squeeze. who's with me, and who thinks my thesis is flawed?

2. maxinger

maxinger

short squeeze opportunity ----> very late entry opportunity !

as in most other stocks, uptrend started in Mar 2020.
    price has doubled since then.

It will be foolish to long it right now as traders should have longed it much earlier.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  3. NOBODY is dating with COVID. I use two condoms and jack off.

4. When I started this thread on July 22, MTCH was $93.37. Today, on earnings, it's trading at $120 :D easy money! more to come!