Shakin' my weak hand out

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by uptik2000, Jun 19, 2008.

1. I mentioned on the P/L thread about getting shaken out of one of my shorts today. Just a dumb move on my part. And at the end of the day I checked the chart and nearly punched myself.

Thought you'd get a kick out of it.

Got shook from my AIG long too. One downside to home office is too many distractions.
    Duh :)

[​IMG]

2. FIGHTING THE TAPE IS SIN.

I'VE SINNED. DESERVE TO LOSE WHEN YOU BREAK THE TRADING RULES.

3. if you stayed and the stock went against you further, what do you call it???

4. I was short. It never hit my original stop..I moved it down to breakeven because I had planned on only working until lunchtime.
    It just sucked to have that jump 30 cents in 10 seconds and then immediately back down 2 seconds later.

5. Breakeven stops with no good rationale are the devil.

6. Here's another dumb move on my part. Hopefully I don't have many additions to this thread.

Over the weekend I was trying to dissect my recent drawdown. It's a very small drawdown, but still, it looks like two simple things happened the last 10 days. First, took a few trades that were not part of my planned entry system. Secondly, I moved my stop prematurely on a few.

So's here's the one I did today.

• duh.jpg
      File size:
      65.2 KB
      Views:
  7. You can say that again! :)

8. This was more bad timing than being shook. I usually make sure I use the bathroom before trading begins but today the coffee really played a number on me.

I had my speakers tuned up and from the bathroom I heard a few orders go off. LOL...uh, gotta get back. So I ran back to the office, started putting stops on..and ACN was almost back to my entry by the time I got to it.

Made $110 on it but certainly would have been $300 if not for the bathroom break. Maybe I should keep some adult diapers handy next time. :)

• acn.jpg
      File size:
      55.4 KB
      Views: