Set up TWS API in Linux(C++)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by JINHUA_HUANG, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Hi, i am having some troubles setting up the API in my Ubuntu machine.

1. I downloaded and unzipped the file "twsapi_macunix.972.18.zip". I can see the source files inside but i don't need to install anything, do i?
    2. i included the source files into my cpp project and my compiler complains about the syntax on the class definitions "class TWSAPIDLLEXP SoftDollarTier". and i don't think this syntax is legal in cpp.

thanks

2. gaussian

gaussian

That is valid C++. TWSAPIDLLEXP is likely an export macro for the class.

I was able to get the API working using cmake in about 20 minutes. Your project structure is wrong or you copied the wrong source files. There are example source files and there are library source files. You need the library source files. Follow their example program project structure for an idea on how to structure your application.

3. traider

traider

Any reason to use C++ over python or C#?

4. thank you for the hint. somehow the definition file for "TWSAPIDLLEXP" was missing. it works now after adding it.

5. I used it when i was in school for my class projects and it was also the programming language in my internship. So i kind of get used to it. But i am learning python recently.

6. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave is a front end for Interactive Brokers and we're now available on Linux, if you're interested in testing us out...

qlai likes this.