Series 63 - I think I was cheated.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. I passed the 7 last week since I was on the buyside and my licenses expired but tried the 63 today and missed it barely. I did 65 questions but on my scoring report, only 60 appeared? What happened to the other 5 questions?

The lady in the exam area told me only 1 person this week passed out of 20. Wasn't this test supposed to be relatively common sense? God, it sucked.

Now, I have to wait a month. Really sucks.

Any advice on info above appreciated.

2. Advice:
    Study more.

3. A lot of times on those tests they have 65 questions but only 60 of them count. Five of the questions are questions that they are "trying out", "experimenting with", etc......for future versions of the test, and they don't want you knowing which 5 they are....but they grade the test only on 60 of the 65 questions.

As to it being common sense, don't believe everything you read or have heard......everyone likes to come on boards like this and talk about how easy stuff is, but many of us have to study quite a bit to pass these exams.

At any rate, you'll pass it next month. :)

4. lasner

lasner

I just passed the 63..all of these tests suck! I'm taking the 65 next week.

I failed the 66 three freaking times

5. When I took the 63 years ago, everyone said how easy it was and that they didn't study for it. Thus, I walked in without studying for it at all and passed by probably one question. I thought that I had failed for sure after the test was over. WHEW. The only thing that probably saved me was that I took the 7 a week before.

Focus on taking practice tests. That is what really helped me on the 7 and 55 especially.

6. You flubbed on the nuances..

Do a drill of taking three prectice tests in rotation ten times.

Just get the nuances down that are not common sense but are tricky because of one detail slipped in to sucker you.

When you have hlaf the test time to spare you will be on the mark.

My partner does the finance and I do the inurance.

The last insurance test I finished caused some concern at the test center.

Same thing happened with general contractor's licensing. Waliking out in half the test time and having a score not seen for a long time causes the people to freak. LOL.....

7. You flubbed on the nuances..

Do a drill of taking three prectice tests in rotation ten times.

Just get the nuances down that are not common sense but are tricky because of one detail slipped in to sucker you.

When you have hlaf the test time to spare you will be on the mark.

My partner does the finance and I do the inurance.

The last insurance test I finished caused some concern at the test center.

Same thing happened with general contractor's licensing. Walking out in half the test time and having a score not seen for a long time causes the people to freak. LOL.....

I needed a former prison innmate to be licensed so I went along with him through the study and prep and testing.... It changed his life....forever.....

Nuances....

8. Was it thorn? :D

9. Take it seriously.

10. When I was a broker at mother merrill, I passed the 7 the first time (barely), and scored higher on the 66 which was strange.

The reason: better than half of the new hires in my region took the 7, passed it and didn't take the 66 (63 and 65 combined) as seriously. Yes, many failed the 66. All I did was listen to my mentor, who also failed the 66 his first try, and took practice exam after practice exam, after practice exam... It sucked, but worked.

Also, STOP studying at 5pm the day before the exam. And if you don't know the answer, pick choice B or D, and go on to the next question. You do NOT need to get hung up on a question you don't know, screwing up your head for the one's you probably do.

At the end of the exam, go back and answer the questions you skipped. If you still don't know, pick either B or D. But use the same letter for each question you just don't know the answer to. Either B for all you are guessing at. Or either D for all you are guessing at. Good luck!

#10     Feb 22, 2007