Series 57 study materials

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Steve21, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Steve21

Steve21

I have to take the new Series 57 exam, did anybody used Knopman Marks study materials? or can somebody who passed the exam recommend any other material or advice on what to pay attention. Thanks

Natalie Brooks likes this.
  2. STC has pretty good material - lots of practice tests.

Natalie Brooks likes this.
  3. mj rai

mj rai

Do not use stc. Use knopman. I failed the exam using stc's supposed new 57 material. Knopmans online tests are on par with the difficulty of the real exam. I am retaking the exam on thursday and have used knopman for the past two weeks.

joey juneau and Steve21 like this.
  4. I have used STC before for the 7 and 24 with success, I wasn't aware that their 57 material was not up to par, sorry for the misinformation.

5. Steve21

Steve21

Thanks for your advice mj rai. Did you passed second time using Knopman's materials? I'll appreciate your experience to know on what to focus.

6. mj rai

mj rai

Definitely use the knopman. I got an 84. Their online tests helped because it tells you what chapters to focus on. As soon as you get into the testing center make 4 columns. One for questions you are 100% of, 50, 25 and 0. After completing all the questions as long as you have around 60-70 in your 100 column you are safe. If you don't, go back and review the 25 and 50 column thoroughly. I had a couple of questions where I remembered the answer from later questions. For the 0% use process of elimination to guess. Be prepared to see questions worded in ways you won't have seen in practice tests. Just analyze and convert to what makes sense to you. Good luck

kim and Steve21 like this.
  7. naethoven

naethoven

mj, thanks a lot for your info. I'm about to purchase the Knopman material. Can you tell me what package you bought and what parts of it helped you most? Thanks

8. mj rai

mj rai

I would do the tests and read the book. Do 3 tests first and see where you are at. Read the book then do another 3. Read the chapters that you are not getting right. If you can consistently get 80 on their tests you should be good.

naethoven likes this.
  9. naethoven

naethoven

Thanks so much mj, I'm ordering it right now :)

10. What is the difference between the Series 7 and 57 ?
    They are both entry level exams and they both sound similar.
    The series 7 is what stockbrokers / financial advisers usually need.
    Who uses the Series 57 ?

#10     Apr 23, 2016