SEPA withdrawal takes already 6 days

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by icecreme, Jun 4, 2020.

1. icecreme

icecreme

I am trying to withdraw a 1000 euro from my account. Money is available. Destination bank is in SEPA area as well. (withdrawal should take 1-2 business days).
    IBKR support (I don't know why it is called support) only told me withdrawal is under "compliance review". No reason why, no timeline.
    I wonder how reliable IBKR really is.
    Did someone else experienced delays or am I simply unlucky?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

You are unlucky, never had any problems.

Sekiyo likes this.
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Usually my Sepa transfers leave within minutes, over the years I sometimes had to call IB the next day to confirm details of a wire transfer before they release it (large amounts, not sepa)
    IB is not trying to scam u for 1000eur, but some compliance flag might be raised by ur name or transaction details. Very unusual anyway.

4. icecreme

icecreme

Thanks guys, I will report back as soon as my money is in my bank account.

5. Do you withdraw money to the same account from which you send it to your trading account?

6. icecreme

icecreme

Same
    Same account.

7. icecreme

icecreme

At least I got a response from IBKR:
    Due to a technical issue your EUR SEPA Withdrawal IDxxxxxx appears to be pending processing.
    Our developers have been informed already and working on a solution.

Meanwhile you are able to use WIRE as method to transfer funds.

After one week they figured out there is a "technical" problem. I wonder what's wrong with IBKR.

8. icecreme

icecreme

10 days and counting. I wonder where to complain when your broker is delaying/refusing your withdrawal request?
    I am in an awkward position: Need to borrow money from friends to pay my bills, because IBKR has technical problems to transfer my money.

9. p0box4

p0box4

So basically you are trading with money you cannot afford to lose?

If you don't have any spare money besides your trading account to pay your bills i would strongly suggest you take a few grand out of the trading account and keep it in your personal bank account in case of an emergency or extra bills.

Never trade with money you cannot afford to lose, unless you want to end up in serious financial problems when you lose it all.

10. icecreme

icecreme

Thanks for your comment. It immediately solved my problem. Sound recommendation.

#10     Jun 8, 2020