Sell today or monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noob_trad3r, Dec 16, 2011.

1. I am buying back my short puts for a dollar a lot (no commission) TD
    I am not on the Etrade account I will sell on etrade monday since they do not offer free closing buybacks.

should I sell the puts today or monday.

If no bad news happens then I should be able to grab some week
    end time value

do you think the europeans and the whitehouse will do something stupid causing VIX to go up and I can make more by waiting till monday morning?

Oh does anyone know what SPY dividend was? I cannot find it and SPY went ex-dividend today.

2. Roark

Roark

Chit happens. 'Tis the season for mass murder as happened in Belgium at a busy shopping mall. Iran could make good on its promise to wipe Israel off the map. North Korea could sink something. All sorts of stuff could happen over the weekend that would make those options suddenly more valuable. What is that expression, something about "pigs get slaughtered"?

3. All my IWM short puts got filled for the penny to close. my SPY still waiting.

I might just wait the vix is down.

4. Sold the 121 jan puts for 3.29 a contract.

5. Looks good today. My short puts OTM now. I did go long the underlying with the short put premiums SPY at 121.00 even.

I could have bought cheaper though on the SPY I got filled the stock at 121 then it went down to 120.30s :)

Gonna see how it pans out by expiration week.

6. Looks like VIX went poof!

7. You are not going to do anything on Monday as everything is closed for the Christmas Holiday.

8. I guess you skipped over the threads. I already sold on Monday.

Anyhow I will quote the post.

noob_trad3r

12-19-11 06:35 PM
    Sold the 121 jan puts for 3.29 a contract.

Edit/Delete � Quote � Complain

noob_trad3r

12-20-11 02:13 PM
    Looks good today. My short puts OTM now. I did go long the underlying with the short put premiums SPY at 121.00 even.

I could have bought cheaper though on the SPY I got filled the stock at 121 then it went down to 120.30s

Gonna see how it pans out by expiration week.

9. Today I sold the 134 feb calls for 90 cents.

So I am short the 121 puts jan, short the 134 feb calls and used the premiums when I sold the 121 puts and bought SPY at 121.0 even (although I could have waited longer and gotten it for 120.30s)

but it seems the markets are rallying fast and the vix is down.

the 121 puts I sold for 3.29 traded with a last print of 1.07 today.

I did not buy more SPY with the call premiums I sold today, I might if SPY goes down enough.