Seeding Capital

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by algodude, Oct 6, 2013.

1. algodude

algodude

I have a few systematic trading strategies, and I am interested in obtaining seeding capital.

But I do have some strict requirements regarding my IP.
    Basically, I will not run my strategies on the seeder's platform, mainly because the IP can be reverse engineered. Also, I will not allow the seeder to access the trade information (e.g. date and time stamps, security name) for the same reason. I realize this eliminates most seeders.

I am pretty flexible on the pay out terms, and I offer a 1 week redemption notice, as the strategies are liquid and short term. Also, the prime broker would be well known (e.g. IB, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, etc.), likely in Switzerland. The amount I invest is also negotiable.

An example of how this might progress would be as follows:

Phase 1: $100K: for a 6 month proof of concept (seeder/trader payout 100%/0%)

Phase 2: $1M: for a 6 month period (seeder/trader payout (%95/5%)

Phase 3: $10M: for a 6 month period (seeder/trader payout (%90/10%)

Phase 4: $100M: for a 6 month period (seeder/trader payout (%80/20%)

If you are interested, please contact me. I can meet you in Switzerland anytime.

2. These threads are comical.

3. feng456

feng456

I have 100 million dollars. Where do I sign up?

4. Most people go to the bank for seed capital. I understand the need for capital if you are coming up on planting season but 100MM dollars? This is just crazy. How are you going to increase your acreage incrementally like this in order to continue to need more seed? Sometimes it's hard to just pick up another 100 acres. I can't even imagine how you are going to pick up enough land to increase your size ten fold in only 6 months.

This seems like a fly by night type of deal. I am extremely wary.

5. Eyez

Eyez

Yea, screw internal risk management! They don't need to know what your positions are! (sarcasm for those who missed it)

6. nursebee

nursebee

I have a few systematic strategies also. I'm not gonna share how they perform, just let people guess if they might work. Then I'll offer exhorbitant payouts on any returns

7. you are pissing upstream trying to raise capital like this. don't mean to burst your bubble but nobody is going to give u capital with a post like this.

8. Dicer

Dicer

So what is your suggestion for seeking capital? Developers spend lots of time to develop a winning strategy, so of course, we don't want to see that the strategy is stolen by someone.

9. You need to setup an incubation fund first with a known broker or provider. After about 6-12 months you can raise capital.

10. rkny38

rkny38

Start your own hedge fund with funding from family and friends. Get to an AUM where you start to get listed on some of the sites like Barclays Hedge. If your performance is solid and have definable and repeatable processes then the institutional money will come your way.

#10     Jan 25, 2021