Second personal taxation allowance for supplementary income.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, May 4, 2017.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

One of my articles. It is part of an economic expansion plan I proposed and sent to all of the leading political parties for the forthcoming elections in the United Kingdom.

Second personal taxation allowance for supplementary income.

More Work, More Reward - A Secondary Personal Taxation Allowance For Supplementary Income

More Work, More Reward - A Secondary Personal Taxation Allowance For Supple...

On a macroeconomic level the UK is very constrained. High levels of national debt hinders reductions in taxation...

2. Too complicated and easily gamed.

GAT

3. morganist

morganist Guest

At the end of the day if someone is working two jobs I think they should get some kind of tax cut, if only on the new job. It might act as an incentive for others to create output. An output lead economic revival, instead of the questionable monetary lead economic revival. No risk of a transfer of wealth, only people able to become wealthier through working more. It is certainly fairer than QE or monetary stimulus. Tax based income policy but only on additional work.

4. Looks like an idea equivalently for anyone who gets more income would pay reduced tax rate.

5. morganist

morganist Guest

That seems to be competely the opposite of my proposal. The proposal you linked to means they get paid for not working, I suggest paying less tax on additional work on top of the existing work. Thus current tax intake is not impacted but there is an incentive for further growth.

6. I don't know your assumptions nor conditions. Just ignore the flat pay link.

It needs to be practically/critically reviewed, as potentially problematic on several levels. Just 2 cents!

BTW: Probably the future trend after automation by AI robots would provide humans possibly only 2 to 4 days work for everyone, if lucky.

Last edited: May 7, 2017