SEC fees slashed 77% this year!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Math_Wiz, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2021-8

Anybody else see this news? The article says Due to all the Robin Hood traders who hopped aboard last year during the pandemic, trading volume has been huge apparently, and the SEC is thus reducing its fees for this year from $22.10 per million down to $5.10 per million.

Not that this is anything "huge", but still it's significant.

Even though I'm a small trader, I still spend over $200/month in SEC fees. So my monthly SEC fees will now be cut down to about $40/month, saving me an extra $160/month.

No complaints, lol.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Not for nothing, but this doesn't mean much for most average traders....if you can afford to trade tens of millions of shares you can afford $22.10 per million shares.... or 0.0000221 a share!!!!!!!

3. zdreg

zdreg

It is peanuts compared to a possible financial transaction tax of .001 which is22,000X the SEC fee.

d08 likes this.
  4. %%
    Good points\actually that 's a big discount/big news as a %.
    NO wonder so many love + admire the SEC/LOL+true.:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:.:caution:[Even if they dont disclose that /LOL]

5. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

I noticed that and was like, how the heck did sec fees get so low?

I'll take it.

thx for the link.

6. Sig

Sig

But wait a minute, I thought we were all screaming about how the SEC was going to unilaterally impose an FTT because.....'gumnt! Could it be that they adjust the SEC fee entirely by formula as they are directed to by the enabling legislation that was passed by Congress and signed by the President that they operate under? No, couldn't be.

@ajacobson would you like to update the beliefs you shared with us all here - Kamala wants a 0.2% transaction tax | Page 26 | Elite Trader