search for posts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zdreg, Sep 9, 2022.

1. zdreg

zdreg

When somebody makes an interesting post, I want to be able click on an icon next to their name to receive a list of their previous posts.
    Currently you have to go through search to find that list.

2. deaddog

deaddog

Click on the number of posts on the right side, beside the number of likes

zdreg likes this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

done. see deaddog above.

4. Overnight

Overnight

OMG are you kidding me? How many years I have been on this site, and I never hovered the mouse over the post-count box. I always have been doing it the long way, by clicking into the user profile and then clicking the "posts" tab...

profilepostlist.JPG

How many MORE shortcuts are there on ET? Damnit!

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There are a few glitches with that.

One of the most known is for example...zdreg is not on my ignore/block list. Therefore, I can use that shorcut to the "post count box" for a quick view of any trader that's on my follow list as a quick overview of what they have been writing.

The problem is that it will in fact show ALL of the posts by the trader in which you can then reply to any of the posts by that trader. Unfortunately, it shows you the posts that were also posted in the threads of others that were on your ignore/block without telling you.

Thus, if "trader B" is on my block list and zdreg (not on my block list) posted a message in "trader B" threads...I then use the shortcut to view all of zdreg message post because that little shortcut takes me directly to zdreg's message post as IF I plan to quote him without telling me it's the thread of "trader B" that is on my block list.
    • In fact, I would go as far to say the shortcut is very deceptive.
    I use the word "deceptive" because I would need to scroll through the thread to see the name of the OP of the thread at the top because if the OP of that thread is on my block list...the OP posts are not in the thread.

Simply, I wouldn't know I'm posting in the thread of someone on my block list and that's a problem if you have a large block list because you obviously aren't going to remember every single person on your block list. That latter fact in combo with the fact that there are these "glitches" in the block system that still allow you to post in the threads of those on your block list.

The abuse occurs when you start a thread and you're the only one posting in your thread because its boring to everyone else but not to you...someone else that's on your block list is not obviously replying to another person in your thread by mistake.

It's a blocked person that has saved a link to your thread or knows to click on the "last poster icon" while logged out to then enable (they can now see your empty post with a reply button reply) the ability to navigate around your block considering you're the only one posting in your own thread.

Yet, if you're someone that has not a single person on your ignore/block list...you probably either enjoy shit talking/arguing with others (many fall into this category), you're a lurker that doesn't post much nor follow anyone, or you know about these shortcuts that enable you to navigate around another member's block just for the purpose to troll that person.
    • Personally, I think the shortcut is a good feature but Baron needs to fix the glitches involved with it so that it will not show the messages that were posted in the threads of others that are on your block list and remove (get rid of) that "last message post icon" or fix it by only allowing someone logged out to click on it but there's no ability to reply to that last message post.
    Then when someone logs in...it should only take them to the main page of the forum and not to the thread or message post of someone on your block list just because you clicked on the "last message post icon".
    • Maybe when it does the above...it should then show a warning with a box for you to fill out a reason why you want to post in a thread of someone that has you blocked. Similar to the box one can fill out if you want to delete your own message that you just posted a few minutes ago.
    I've been here for many years and didn't know about these glitches because I didn't follow anyone, didn't know about the "last message post icon" and rarely used any other shortcuts to the message posts of those I wanted to read.

In fact, one of the first glitches I discover was in your Trade Journal because you're not on my block list but there are a few that posted in your trade journal that is on my block list only because they had a habit of trolling members in the Political section and then they bring their shit into the trading threads as if they're out for revenge / payback.

One particular member (not named) went so far as to then start a specific thread just about you for the sole purpose of personally attacking you. It was his revenge thread because of a debate he had with you in another thread.
    • That thread about you was soon closed by ET management because the trolling was obviously violating the terms of use policy.
    At that point in time, he was only on my ignore list but not on my block list until I saw his trolling shit show with other members in trading threads and then when he started crap with me after I posted a peer-reviewed statistics about vaccines...he created a message post about me in the political thread as a "payback topic" that has nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with him, nothing to do with vaccines but about trading from many years ago...

I then upgraded him from ignore to block and he's been having temper tantrums (image collages/message post noise/almost daily) since then. More so lately but maybe because I discover a way to block his collage crap images even while reading the forum while not logged in...a nice feature to use.

images-blocked-by-browser.png

He does it because he knows trolling is in fact allowed even when there are complaints. Yet, I just can not figure out why trolling by some is allowed and then not allowed in other situations (e.g. his thread about you).

P.S. I couldn't find a music video to quickly sum up the above long winded message post. :D

Then again, I don't like the below actor nor his music...maybe his video is perfect considering we recently talked about the "Wild Wild West".

Much better music video (Sabotage)...

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

How is that actually possible?

Overnight likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I know, right? I look at it this way. It means that there is always some new surprise lurking around the corner I have not found. Like an easter egg in a video game!