Schwab's platform must be the worst in the industry.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by invortex, Mar 1, 2018.

1. invortex

invortex

How can they get such good rating from Nerdwallet? It is truly a disaster. Nothing gets saved, they don't have previous day's P/L, slow execution, just horrible.

gkishot likes this.
  2. the schwab card tho is the best in the world

Stocktracker likes this.
  3. Schwab's Street Smart Edge is one of the platforms I use, the other is TWS. I find the SSE to be excellent platform. First-rate tools, fast execution, top notch screeners, superb research, admirable trading education, very reasonable commissions and on top of that a full banking service including paying bills on line and credit card that you can use almost anywhere on the globe!

How long have you been trading? :sneaky:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Superstar2317 likes this.
  4. invortex

invortex

Not that long. I have had long term funds with Vanguard which is a great company. I have been trading with Fidelity Pro for about 6 months and just signed on Schwab to try them up a few weeks ago. I hate that you have to constantly save each screen and watch list and everything else... I hate that the P/L from prior days can only be seen on Schwab.com and not StreetSmart. There are a lot of other issues too.

Someone recommended PTMC with IB. And I will try thinkorswim too.

5. invortex

invortex

You mean their CC? What is great about it?

6. no the debit card

7. ironchef

ironchef

I have two brokerage accounts for over 20 years, one with Schwab, and frankly prefer Schwab for the same reason you stated. I also found they often got me a better price and faster execution than the other guy.

Their commissions for options are actually competitive (for a frequent trader with some volume). I also like their phone and online customer support.

8. ironchef

ironchef

Did you talk to their tech support?

9. invortex

invortex

Yes, they are nice but can't change the program!

10. Don't know what your problem is with the Streetsmart Edge platform when it comes to SAVING your layout and watch lists. It literally takes 2 clicks with the mouse and you are done.

You must not be doing something right.

#10     Mar 9, 2018