Scam

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by truth, Feb 12, 2010.

1. truth

truth

THESE COMPANY IS A TOTAL JOKE. ABSOLUTELY THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY FOR PROVIDING A DATA STREAM. THEIR DATA ON ANY STOCK PROVIDED MALFUNCTIONS BY HAVING COMPLETE ERRORNEOUS PRICE GAPS, AND TIME STAMPS. STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPANY THEY'RE UNPROFESSIONAL AND MIGHT AS WELL OF BE SCAMMERS BECAUSE YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY USE THE DATA. ALSO THEIR DATA SERVER CRASHES EVERYDAY AROUND 9:00 P.M. Central time in the United States. DON'T GET SCAMMED LIKE I HAD BY THESE DECEPTIVE MARKETERS

2. Thanks for the generic non-specific warning about some unnamed company, it was very helpful!

3. I'm not sure you can get your message across using BIG words like, "generic", "non-specific", and "unnamed".

4. With a summary like that, I'm not suprised that you got scammed...

5. Stdr

Stdr

Rearden metal

insurinator

I apologize for the ambiguity. During the time I had some trouble with my account, and other issues...So I ended up having to mend my entire account, and I was quite upset, yet still trying to get that post completed.
    Nonetheless, your sarcasm, including Insinuator, is gratuitous, rude, and desultory. I was merely trying to post some helpful information to some other trader's out in the world. I admit the ambiguity in my statements were useless, but your explicit sarcasm was rude and uncalled for...that goes for Insinuator too. I find it amazing the uninhibited effrontery behavior, a lot of people seem to have online, as oppose to in person.
    Anyhow there were two companies I had referred to, was first The Data Provider, hence Interactive Brokers. Myself, and numerous other System's-Trader-friends of mine, all have experienced similar problems with their data feed. The issues entail the following: repeated erroneous time stamps, proprietary software that is bug-infested, and every time around 9:00 Pacific Standard Time, US, their server crashes. If you complain, customer support representatives of I.B. will essentially say there's 'nothing they can do'. They're actually insinuating the company is not willing to pay the money to provide a decent data feed. However on television, and online they of course advertise themselves as 'International Gatekeepers' to the markets. The deceit on their part should be transparent to anyone reading this...
    The second company I had referred to, was Alyuda Research, which manufactures the program Tradecision. The program is now almost 2000 dollars. This program's Backtesting works, Optimization, and Walk Forward, however their program cannot follow simple programmatic instruction in Real-Time. Obviously, even a newbie to System's Trading understands if a program cannot execute simple strategic instructions in Real-time everything else hence Backtesting etc...is utterly useless.
    Hopefully, (for the two individuals that have complained), I had provided enough detail this time around?

By the way, Insinuator...I want to spell a word for you. I noticed you had some trouble. S-u-r-p-r-i-s-e, as you can clearly see, there is an r after the u in surprised.

6. Rofl!!!:D :D

Well, nobody can say, that they weren't warned.:p

7. Stdr

Stdr

Hey acronym, are you a System's Trader? If so, Futures or Options? Do you know of any Trading Software that can actually work to the extent, where programmatic Trading Strategies are executed properly?
    Obviously, no software is error-proof, but when money can be jeopardized in terms of System's Trading...the software has to work at least 98 % percent of the time.

8. No, no, and I wish you luck. I'm just here for the comedy.

My method is entirely discretionary, technical analysis based eod, and works best on broad baskets of commodity/currency /index fut's.

I'm a "failed" trader.....never lost any money, but never made any money, due to entirely human factors-you have to put trades on to be in the market-but I wasn't in charge of my attempt to go large and long, rather like a Diplodocus.

Consequently, time and effort was wasted due to a partner who said they could do things they, in reality, couldn't. ie, put trades on, that I suggested.

You sound like a newb, so, if your fishing for tips, here's some;

1. Money not made, is money lost. Lost forever.

You wont ever get the money back, from that trade you meeked out on, and decided against, and was the biggest winner ever.
    Examine your risk tolerances, if your not pushing it a little, your returns will very likely be shithouse, making the entire idea somewhat pointless.

2. If you can't make returns on paper, discretionary wise, how would you expect to make money with a programmed "system"?
    It implies one doesn't actually know what they are doing, and hasn't put the time in to figure out what is profitable.

3. Never backtest, it's rubbish. Unfortunately, if your a systems guy, you think it's an easy route to millions, it's not. Walk forward testing only, gives a much better grasp of reality.

4. All trading software sucks, especially the crap that is supposed to "help" you with your system, and do most of it for you, ie, systems/automated/box bollocks. It's all rubbish, and will fail, eventually.

5. Why should anyone listen to me? Why would you listen to anyone?
    I'm a computer Luddite, have no programming or computer skills, yet my diversified charting method, on paper, roughly doubles risked capital every month or two, has never failed in years and years, and to my mind, is a great way to go, if you have the cash.
    And I figured it out myself, just from studying charts for years and years.

6. Stress.
    If I have such a great ability and talent, then......why aren't I loaded?
    Humans have only so much capacity to absorb, or utilize stress; it just so happens, short of being a stunt motorcyclist, that trading can be so damn stressful that no average human can handle it.

It takes a particular, and peculiar mindset to be a good , much less spectacular speculator.

9. Stdr

Stdr

No, I'm not a 'newb'. I do appreciate very much all the information you had shared. I do not at all believe System's Trading is quick way to 'million's'. My sole intention to pursue such methodologies had been to remove emotionality from the equation. I'm sure you understand Acronym, what I mean considering your elaboration on 'human factors' that you experienced were obstacles. I totally understand this, and it was the significant problem I had encountered when I use to trade manually. I recall it had been extremely stressful emotionally speaking. Endeavoring always to maintain composure when putting on a trade, and the ensuing circumstance trying to remain mentally clear...because obviously emotion can hinder any pragmatic and logical judgment . I had considerable success from the very beginning, when I had started manual trading. My performance maintained an average 3 to 4 “Profit Factor”. I was able to pay off the majority of my substantial college debt, and other forms of debt. So why didn't I continue in this direction, and why am I not wealthy? To answer the self-imposed question. I had simply stopped manually trading because it was too stressful for me. In my personal objective opinion, (regardless of the success), I was not making enough money for the stress I had endured. In addition, I knew that overtime the stress would get to me, and my performance would degrade at one point or another...Meaning emotionality was something I knew would ultimately subjugate my progress. When I had started to experience circumstances where this had occurred. I had just suddenly stopped...keeping what I had earned. I didn't want to make the mistake of thinking, I could merely circumvent such an innate response.
    As an alternative, I, and my Uncle, (who has about twenty years of trading experience), decided we'd pursue System's Trading in terms of a partnership. Why didn't we put together a program ourselves...Time is money. We both are two individuals, who are obligated to maintain two distinct lives with numerous priorities, and responsibilities.
    Also, besides a reliable program you have to have a reliable data feed. Many of the Data Feed providers out there are nothing, but ponzi-schemes...considering the absence of quality in their service. For instance, as I had mentioned, Interactive Brokers, who's server crashes every time around 9:00 A.M, Pacific Standard Time. This crashing persists for about usually two hours. Without saying, this can jeopardize anyone's attempt to trade, regardless of methodology.
    Anyhow, thanks again Acronym for your information, and elaboration.

10. Oh, I forgot the most important thing;
    never listen to anyone:D

If you can imagine the frustration of running paper trades alongside an active account, starting with 20k and running it to 1.5 mill paper , in less than a year and a half-and then doing it repeatedly and consistently for years without fail-while the actual account holder melted down without so much as placing an order, in under 6 months, then you may already know, trading/biz with family is just an awful, terrible idea.

Not being able to code is a bitch, to an eod (non-coder) guy, "fibonacci trader" actually seemed good enough, with manual execution-just something to punch out ones signals might have been enough to make the difference, certainly know what you mean.

Good luck, and never listen to anyone.

#10     Feb 15, 2010