Saxo's 2018 Outrageous Predictions

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Dec 8, 2017.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

Their annual outrageous list.

Visaria, SteveM and Chris Mac like this.
  2. algofy

algofy

Whaaaat, bitcoin $1,000. I think they are off by 3 or 4 zeros!!!! TO THE MOON!

3. sle

sle

Cute :)

PS. It's sad that the last prediction (a woman occupies the top spot at more than 60 Fortune 500 companies by the end of the year) is just as unlikely as the rest

beerntrading likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Do even 60 of the fortune 500 companies turn over their CEO in a given year?

5. Overnight

Overnight

US voters going hard left in 2018 elections is not so outrageous.

6. srinir

srinir

7. srinir

srinir

It is difficult to go hard left with current gerrymandering of districts and not very enthusiastic young and minority voters in off presidential year voting

8. This is a foregone conclusion...a demographic certainty. Gerrymandering is quite cruel in that respect. All these barely red suburban congressional districts are going to tip blue for no reason other than population growth.

An objectionable social policy from the GOP (because what does the GOP stand for other than more government regulation of society?!) will help that along. Plus Anthony Kennedy may well allow political challenges to gerrymandering that will bring the whole thing to fruition 1-3 years early.

The more adventurous prediction would be the demise of the GOP, but I'd say that 2020 or 2024 would be more the mark for that.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

10. SteveM

SteveM

I think the point of their "outrageous predictions for 2018" is to be outrageous. Any bank in their right mind that was worried about being judged on the accuracy of their predictions, would make far more easily-attainable predictions.

#10     Dec 8, 2017