Savor the symmetry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Big Tobacco claimed that smoking was not hazardous to one's health.

Big Oil doesn't see what all the fuss is about regarding climate change.

Insurance companies don't want health care reform.

In each case, the Constitution is raised, flags are waved, the future of America's very existence is characteristically questioned, lobby money is generously spent, "experts" for hire surface, and useful idiots come to the fore.

If you can get past the nausea, it's hard not to enjoy the synchronized pageantry.

2. You forgot Acorn, Obama. Underage prostitution and Obama's Safe School Czar.

3. You forgot Sarah Palin, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck...all living off of the corporate machine, all making money off of the poor dumb slobs who actually think any one of these actually give a damn about the working class...

4. I'm okay with letting you bear the burden of paying my portion for healthcare reform and global whining.

oh btw: I'll smoke in my car and house if I choose to thank you very much.

5. loik

loik

Why not tell all of them to go fuck themselves, do you really need a nanny?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

And you forgot Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Charles Rangel, Bonnie Fwank, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Julian Bond...
    all living off of the corporate machine, all making money off of the poor dumb slobs who actually think any one of these actually give a damn about the working class...

7. ...and you forgot Halliburton no bid contracts, tax cuts for the wealthy, dividend tax cuts that only help those who own dividend earning shares, private meetings with oil companies with VP Cheney...followed by an eventual run of oil to nearly $150.00, Bush telling the world that he was going to fill the reserves, buying at spot price...the increase of those at the poverty level during the Bush administration, the shrinking of the middle class, the exporting of jobs, the borders and illegals...all of which help the corporations and business owners, not the working class...

History will show that the working man suffered the greatest decline in prosperity during the Bush/Cheney administration...

8. Supporting American workers is being a Marxist?

9. loik

loik

And exponential growth is a viable option?

10. [​IMG]

What is your savior's opinion on smoking?

#10     Dec 16, 2009