Santa Barbara judge rejects deal restricting public access to beach

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RRY16, Feb 12, 2019.

1. RRY16

RRY16

SANTA BARBARA — In a major victory for coastal advocates, a Santa Barbara judge refused to approve a controversial deal that would have allowed access to Hollister Ranch’s coastline only to landowners, their guests, visitors with guides, and those who could boat or paddle in from two miles away.

The settlement agreement, struck between the ranch and coastal officials behind closed doors, sparked public outrage last year after the Los Angeles Times published

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Santa-Barbara-judge-rejects-deal-restricting-13608913.php

2. Poor Barbara Streisand.

3. RRY16

RRY16

Bab’s Is in Malibu you dingbat ! How’s the subprime car loan biz treating you in Tx?

4. I was thinking in terms of precident. As far as lending, there appears to be exceptional opportunities in the private financing market by changing the status quo. This will eventually affect certain hedge funds either positively or negatively, depending on their positioning.

5. RRY16

RRY16

The only private financing that you can provide is 3 card Monte @the corner of 1st and Euclid.

6. If that were the case, I could make my living off you. If you had money, that is.

7. elderado

elderado

Not really that big a deal. Can't "access" Gaviota State Beach without some dough (probably $10 at current daily rate) plus it's far enough from anything else that it's unlikely the little kiddies would ever go. Seriously, this ain't that big a deal.

Did they say anything about putting in public toilets? Nope. Another reason people won't go.

Or perhaps they "will."

And babs can move along to Canada. Bitch, please!

8. RRY16

RRY16

It’s a big deal if you own a parcel in the ranch and you don’t like kooks crowding your surf.

9. elderado

elderado

You missed my point. The owners have very little to worry about.

10. RRY16

RRY16

A friend of mine owns a parcel and to them it’s big deal.

#10     Feb 13, 2019