Sad day for Americans...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PohPoh, Sep 8, 2008.

1. actually, he didnt - Americans train the H-1bs, not the other way around - I've had to train some H-1bs that were worthless when I knew smarter Americans that were unemployed

and it's bullshit that H-1bs prevent outsourcing - here's what Sen Durbin said"

"Kamal Nath, the Indian Commerce Minister, was very blunt when he said recently that the H-1B visa "has become the outsourcing visa." He concluded: "If at one point you had X amount of outsourcing and now you have a much higher quantum of outsourcing, you need that many more visas."

That is a very candid statement by this commerce minister in India. It should give us pause as we think about this program, what it was designed to do and what it is actually doing.

In other words, the Indian Government wants more H-1B visas so Indian companies can outsource more American jobs to India
    "

http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/5/16/183114/236

#41     Sep 8, 2008
  2. #42     Sep 8, 2008
  3. I might buy that if they didnt dump a huge guest worker bill on the public, the very same day

i think this is nothing more than f-cking the average person

#43     Sep 8, 2008
  4. Excuse me, but as far as I can recall you were the retard posting his 100 lot ES papertrading account claiming it was real money?

#44     Sep 8, 2008
  5. Argument 1 -
    If you don't like it, then leave...
    ----
    Well, that is certainly an option, though it's not the first or only option, as your 'argument' seems to suggest. You can't just pick up and LEAVE. You have to fight for what is right. Clearly, I'm not going to make any strides posting on ET (I understand that), but I'm not really sure what there is to do. Do you? Aside from your amazing solution, which is LEAVING?

I'm not from this country and am in the process of getting my citizenship. I'm starting to rethink it. Not because the intent of this country is not great...but because I'm not sure that this is the country that I first moved to. It's changed alot in the few years I've been here.

Argument 2-
    If they didn't do it, we'd have a depression.
    -----
    I disagree...I think all these steps are measures that will ENSURE a depression, not avoid one. You can only give the heroin addict so many shots of methadone to calm him down. Eventually he overdoses and dies. We need an economic cleansing policy....let them fail..let them all fail if you want to get companies back to prudent business tactics.

We are in deep trouble, and this kind of unconstitutional bailout, which IS unprecedented in the history of economics, based on the size and scope of it, is what will exacerbate it.

#45     Sep 8, 2008
  6. You twit, so if someone voices there opinion they have personal misfortunes, whats wrong with you.

#46     Sep 8, 2008
  7. Leave it to you to think that people calling into the capital switchboard last Summer actually was what killed the Amnesty Bill.

Congratulations.
    You're even more naive and dumber than I thought.

#47     Sep 8, 2008

8. you just summed up the fundamental problem with every single FED bashing, Democrat bashing, Republican bashing, Bernanke bashing thread on ET. There are hundreds of them.

They remind me of arm-chair quarterbacks. haha we got 50,000 arm chair fed chairmen and politicians in this joint.

#48     Sep 8, 2008
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Why is the Beatles tune "Revolution" playing in my head?

#49     Sep 8, 2008
  10. calling that switchboard made more difference than the 3330 posts you've made in the last 2 years

that's an average of almost 10 posts per day of your mental wanking

#50     Sep 8, 2008