SA Market Forecaster Gold Trade

Discussion in 'Options' started by MKTrader, Aug 7, 2019.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

A public service announcement...since I don't think the sponsor will do this. The following gold trade (Sep 1400 Put option) was stopped out today, two days after entry, as spot gold (XAUUSD) exceeded his stop of 1504 (see highlighted area with daily high-low).

"As soon as gold spot xauusd touches @$1471
    Will book profit as soon as gold touches $1286
    Probably this trade may fetch 5000% return
    Stop loss if gold spot xauusd gives a day close above 1504"
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/how-i-will-multiply-money-in-gold-trade.334726/

XAUUSD.jpg

zdreg and Baron like this.
  2. Ya think? :)

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Do I care either way? No.

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Ok, I stand corrected...for now. Let's just say it's in "code red" territory. Maybe you can sell the option back for a nickel or something.

At the very least, SA should monitor this trade and provide an update at the close when it's this near to stopping out. I'm not going to watch it that carefully.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. No, I think you're correct.

The call was "1280 before 1504 stop (close)". Stop price has been hit, though we won't know about the close until the end of this day. If close >1504, what happens with the option is then irrelevant to the call.

MKTrader likes this.

6. I think he said on a day 'CLOSE" above in the spot, he may consider spot at midnight tonight.... who knows, either way his timing awful

MKTrader likes this.
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

@SA Market Forecaster kindly tell us when XAUUSD spot gold closes today. And don't say it's some random time when it happens to be below 1504...

8. Gold trading in the spot market is active Sun 6 PM thru Fri 5:00 PM EST, with a 1-hour break at 5:00 PM daily.

9. MKTrader

MKTrader

So let's just say the daily close is 5 PM EST...unless SA comes here and proves otherwise. If you give him any loopholes or slack, he'll keep this trade going as long as possible.

10. ok sounds good...

#10     Aug 7, 2019