Rules Guidelines & Etiquette ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by deaddog, Mar 24, 2023.

1. deaddog

deaddog

Are there any?

I've seen a few references to Forum Rules but I couldn't easily find anything.

What is the proper etiquette when someone quotes and replys to one of your posts?
    In my case I will either reply or hit the like button to acknowledge that I have read the post. If you have quoted me and I haven't acknowledged your quote it's probably because I have you on ignore.
    I'm assuming that if someone doesn't answer a question after I have quoted their post that they have me on ignore.

2. Overnight

Overnight

The rules are easy to find if you know how to navigate websites? *shrugs*

TOS link.JPG

Darc likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Not exactly correct.
    It could be because the person quoting you is derailing the thread or deliberately going off topic to create red herring or asking something dumb or obvious, or asking numerous tireless questions because that's the only way they know to communicate on ET, they ask questions but you know they genuinely don't want to hear your response.
    So ignoring the question nips the bs in the bud.

Darc likes this.
  4. Darc

Darc

It's Easy Man. When he starts playing his "Let's ask 20 Questions" just stick him on Block. He doesn't like it. Within a Day or so he blows up about the Block function :D

wrbtrader and themickey like this.
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There's a possibility they may not have you on ignore and forgot to respond to your question or are just too busy to respond and then the thread is no longer relevant.

Yet, if someone has been trolling and then post a question that's really just more trolling...it is a candidate to place that person on ignore/block if it has not already been done.

wrbtrader

TheDawn, deaddog and Darc like this.
  6. TheDawn

TheDawn

Not necessarily. Sometimes I am just too busy or I feel it's going to take way too much time and effort for me to respond that it's not worth it (yes sometimes I do have a life outside ET) or sometimes I just don't feel like responding or I actually agree with you and have nothing more to add or sometimes I am still thinking about your post and have not come up with a valid response yet and will respond in due course. It's not because I have you on "Ignore".

deaddog likes this.