Rubio To Univision: I Lied To Stupid Gringos About Immigration Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Well, that is more or less what he admitted. Those ads they keep playing on Limbaugh's show about the "conservative" plan to fix immigration supported by Rubio and Paul Ryan? Those are all lies too. Classic astroturf organization. Their "conservative plan" is amnesty and open borders.

Politics
    Marco Rubio: In immigration reform, legalization comes first — ‘It is not conditional’

June 10, 2013 | 12:36 pm | Modified: June 10, 2013 at 2:00 pm
    Byron York
    Chief Political Correspondent
    The Washington Examiner

In a Spanish-language interview Sunday with the network Univision, Sen. Marco Rubio said that legalization of the nation’s 11 million currently illegal immigrants must happen before any new border security or internal enforcement measures are in place, and will in no way be conditional on any security requirements. (Photo: Examiner file) In a Spanish-language interview Sunday with the network Univision, Sen. Marco Rubio, the leading Republican on the Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration reform group, made his strongest statement yet that legalization of the nation’s estimated 11 million illegal immigrants must happen before any new border security or internal enforcement measures are in place, and will in no way be conditional on any security requirements.

“Let’s be clear,” Rubio said. “Nobody is talking about preventing the legalization. The legalization is going to happen. That means the following will happen: First comes the legalization. Then come the measures to secure the border. And then comes the process of permanent residence.”

In most of his public appeals for the Gang of Eight bill, Rubio has stressed its enforcement provisions, saying that border security must come before immigrants are granted legal permanent resident status. What he has not stressed so much is the fact that the bill would legalize the 11 million almost immediately, after they have passed background checks and paid some sort of fine. That would happen before any new security measures are completed, or even begun.

But on that he was very clear in his Univision appearance. “As for the legalization, the enormous majority of my colleagues have accepted that it has to happen and that it has to begin at the same time we begin the measures for [the border],” Rubio said. “It is not conditional. The legalization is not conditional.”

Here is an English translation of Rubio’s remarks. Here is video of the Univision appearance.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/rubio...s-first-it-is-not-conditional/article/2531504

2. pspr

pspr

The Rubio immigration law lies have started up on the cable channels here in Texas again.

3. jem

jem

I am glad you guys brought this up.
    i saw him on hannity and I began to not believe him then.

If these jerkoffs really were telling the truth they would be securing the border first.

what they are trying to do is bring in 20 million democrats and never secure the border.

4. AAA poster, Rubio is very loyal to his party. He know he can not have the most Latino vote for republicans in the future. He know Cuban's have special laws for them to be legal. That is why his parents come here, that is why he is here. Most Latinos do not have that special laws. I am not saying to not appreciate that special status, no. That is very much appreciated. What I am saying Rubio understand he can not be the republican politician to take the Lationo's to his side. No. He have small group of Cuban American's loyal to him. This is not too much in the big picrue of (all) the USA latino vote. So Rubio play his cards to bring all the Latinos to his side. Do you see? Rubio is play his cards to help the republicans with his immigration talk. Is really not from his heart.

5. pspr

pspr

Usted no entiende niña.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Would you happen to have a brother named Forest Gump?

7. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am talking to AAA poster. Hmm, maybe YOU do not understand Rubio? I am not child too.

8. Pspr and Lucrum always talk stupid and distract.

9. pspr

pspr

I am talking to you poster. But you act like child.
    We just respond in kind.

Have you posted in the new Martin-Zimmerman thread yet? I'm sure you will tell us how innocent Martin is and how Zimmerman is just a murderer. :D

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...how about that BJ?

#10     Jun 10, 2013