RSS readers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Maverick1, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Maverick1

Maverick1

What do you all use for RSS readers?

Any favorites? Seems like quite a few new ones besides Feedly

2. just21

just21

I use greader pro on android and reeder on iOS both fed by feedly. Did not like the feedly app. Try greader for free before purchasing. The android full screen widget is excellent.

3. just21

just21

What are you reading? I just read zerohedge.

4. Maverick1

Maverick1

Hi just21,

Thanks for the input. I like Zerohedge for the cynical view, not necessarily the timing. Dailyfx, Forexlive for the price action alerts, Bloomberg, Mises Wire and a bunch of other blogs. Using Feedly at the moment but was wondering if others had a better setup with one of the other providers. It's not clear to me what the advantage of Feedly pro is btw, the site doesn't seem to make it clear

5. just21

just21

I used to use the old reader after Google closed down but had a few problems. Feedly free has been great.

6. Just curious why "besides feedly"? I really like feedly and have been using it for years for multiple news feeds. On my PC I use the web interface and on my smartphone I use the feedly app - very high quality app BTW.

A similar alternative to feedly is "the old reader".

7. Maverick1

Maverick1

Was just curious, I guess feedly works fine, haven't had time to look into other readers

8. I'm using theoldreader.com. Have not tried Feedly; is it faster at grabbing new posts?