RSS feed for stock news

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by lwlee, Oct 26, 2013.

1. lwlee

lwlee

I'm cleaning up my Feedly's RSS feeds and realized most of my financial feeds are too general. Don't have time to read long commentary like the WSJ. Even Motley Fool can get preachy at times. Just want a feed that gives the latest breaking news that are moving stocks prices. Nothing more. Does anyone have something like that?

I know it's do-able since sources like Fly On The Wall display incoming news on their on news ticker. I don't need up to the minute. Just something concise and free.

2. Bob111

Bob111

by the time you get the news-it will be in price already.
    point is-to achieve your goal you dont even need the news. just a scanner for price spike. fly cost 35$ a month. if it's too much for you-i think you are in wrong business.
    free rss option for ya is yahoo . 1 url request per ticker or yahoo yql.
    with fly you can have all news for all stocks in 1 request\click or constantly updated tape . 3 options.take your pick

http://feeds.finance.yahoo.com/rss/2.0/headline?s=MSFT&region=US&lang=en-US

3. You need technical notices, not news notices.

4. lwlee

lwlee

I had Fly but have to switch to swing trading since I'm getting more involved in my other business. So I don't need up-to-the-minute news. I'll double check yahoo. Not really want to mess with YQL unless it's really easy.

5. Bob111

Bob111

If you know sql-then it's should be easy