Robot Wealth

Discussion in 'App Development' started by ajensen, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ajensen

ajensen

Has anyone tried Robot Wealth? I am not associated with them. For $97/month you get

- Foundations of Algo Trading Course
    - Slack Community and Support
    - Zorro for Beginners Course
    - Video training library
    - Full Data + Updates
    - Advanced Algo Trading Course
    - Algo Boot Camp (present and future)
    - Strategy Library and Tools

I wonder how joint development of trading strategies works. There will be a temptation to free ride on others and to hold back your best ideas. I think I would be willing to share simple ideas, such as exploiting mean reversion in stock index futures by short-term moving average crossovers in the contrary direction. But I would hesitate to discuss refinements that make a concept tradeable.

2. $97 a month! No thanks

3. fan27

fan27

The site looks like it could offer some value. Assuming you can cancel the subscription at any time, $97 per month could be a good deal. If it sucks, cancel after a month and you are only out $97.

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. ajensen

ajensen

You get your money back if you cancel in the first 30 days. So I obviously I can try it, but I just wondered if others had.

5. think it would be information overload, you probably come away from the experience dazed and confused also $97 lighter

6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Just imagine it were a $1200 "trading school" course, that you could nibble at one month at a time. $1200 is a tenth of what some schlockmeisters charge for their "education" offering :vomit: yet you could nibble away at this one piecemeal.

I'm neck deep in algo work, and like what I'm seeing, so I don't think I'm a good candidate. (Especially on the 'time' side -- it'd be a waste for me.) But if I'd seen this a year/18months ago? It could've been a primo match. I don't know, but I spent a few minutes, and got a good impression.

wwatson1 likes this.
  7. What exactly are you neck deep in? Can you elaborate?

8. The blind leading the blind

wwatson1 likes this.
  9. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

tommcginnis likes this.
  10. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

The kind of work at which this "school" aims, I have found nicely remunerative. General, "old school" trend indicators -- mechanically-applied. I had started down this rabbit hole a few years ago, but got (lovingly) distracted in mapping option market reward/risks with a spreadsheet. ("Sweet!") Now, I have returned to notes/papers I dated as 7+ years ago. My *hope* is -- like with options -- get further and further from the screen -- from nose-to-screen, to end-of-day reviews. Yeahhhhh. A high hurdle. But this is all kind-of earn+learn, right? Well, for some of us...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    #10     Feb 8, 2019