Rithmic data latency issue

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by heispark, Mar 4, 2020.

1. heispark

heispark

Hello,

I am using four platforms including Sierra Chart, Motivewave, Bookmap and Journalytix. MotiveWave is in my Mac and the others are in Windows 10 PC. They are all connected using the same wired Internet line. When it closes to market open, I experience data latency issue in all four platforms. In addition to Rithmic platforms, I also use TDA thinkorswim. They print different prices and my trading entry and exit are lagging. I checked my issue with ISP and they said my Internet line has no issue. Bookmap support team investigated my log files and they say this is Rithmic issue. Due to this issue I cannot trade. Am I using too many platforms? Or, is this a known issue? How can I fix my problem? My broker is AMP Futures. I don't think my broker can help me anyway.

Thanks

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

You could try CQG or TT from the same broker. They will feed some of not all of the third party software you use.

3. heispark

heispark

I need full depth of book. Also, Sierra Chart now doesn't officially support CQG due to a lot of latency and connection issues reported. It looks CQG also has some issue.....

4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You need to do a lot more homework on your own (and post the results) before you'll get a constructive response. Your issue could be a loose connection in your router. It could be an as-yet undiagnosed firmware issue in your router, where a simple shut-down/reboot takes care of everything.

Time to science your set-up.

5. heispark

heispark

So, others don't experience this issue...... Strange. Bookmap support said they are being reported the similar issue....

6. DevBru

DevBru

I am currently running CQG via AMP on Sierra for a couple of weeks and had no issues so far.

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

Upgrade firmware on router. Maybe try new router. Try TT.

patrickrooney likes this.
  8. steve2222

steve2222

Using CQG data with Sierra Charts. AMP is my broker and I am based in New Zealand. I subscribe to three exchanges (CME, Eurex and HKFE). My connection has been rock solid through all this volatility with no lagging.
    You need to change to CQG. In my view the issues with CQG are over blown (most probably traders using wifi instead of LAN) - heck, I am half a world away and have no issues. There is a thread on SC forum at present where SC asked for feedback on different data feeds performance during this volatility and all the CQG feedback has been positive/rock solid.

DevBru likes this.
  9. heispark

heispark

I don't think I can live with only 10 levels of market depth...... I am waiting feedback from Rithmic. My broker AMP doesn't have anything to do for me as expected.

10. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Maybe it’s not the feed but your connectivity, bandwidth.

You’re maybe requesting too much and some data packets get lost.

Use the LAN (wired)
    Try with less platform
    Stop downloads, streaming
    Check Ping and servers connection
    Maybe try to prioritize internet traffic.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    #10     Mar 4, 2020
    heispark likes this.