Risk Intelligence Test

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by murrica, Dec 24, 2013.

1. murrica

murrica

Found this to be interesting:

<a href="http://www.projectionpoint.com/index.php/frontpage">Free Risk Intelligence Test</a>

I took the free Basic RQ Test but did not sign up for the Expert test.

2. k p

k p

Quite interesting... I scored 78 so I'm quite happy with that. Thanks for sharing!

3. I took the basic test and ended up with 23.04 out of a hundred

I answered every question 0%, because I didn't know anything for sure

I scored in the 90% range on my sat

that was the last year they didn't count wrong answers against you

so it was very simple, you just answered all the questions you were sure of, and when they gave you the two minute warning, you just randomly answered all the un marked questions

My high school counselor tried to tell my father that I was exceptionally gifted

I told him, "No, I'm just a really good guesser."

4. Capital

Capital Guest

shit...I couldn't make it past the captcha

5. The instructions were pretty clear: if you don't know the answer, select "50%", not "0%".

6. nursebee

nursebee

I got bored and quit.

7. well, I was trying to get an edge

50% at best would make me just "average"

8. well, second time through I got 44.89 out of 100

so I'm getting better

9. So what distinguishes a good risk taker from an expert in trivia? Or are they so stupid that they do not understand there is no two-way mapping between their results and risk intelligence?

10. murrica

murrica

The point of the test seems to be an attempt at assessing risk intelligence, independent of whether the person taking the test knows the answers to the trivia questions. They admit that the test is far from accurate, but is good food for thought, imho.

fwiw, I found the link on a large fund's website, so these kinds of tests are likely used by the big boys.

#10     Dec 26, 2013