RIMM under valued ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DDmaster, Mar 6, 2012.

will it go up ?

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. dont care /dont have a opinion

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. 3.1 X earnings (according to IB) .....

this company has a market capitalization of 6.9 B $ and last year made net income of 3.4 B $....

why is this company trading so low?
    blackberry is a world wide product...

it also has no debt that i can see ....

why is it down so much?

i just recently saw this , yesterday and i just bought a position.

2. Deas418

Deas418

They are losing their market share rapidly to Apple, Samsung, HTC ...

3. Deas418

Deas418

4. i my self have a iPhone and love it , never owned a black berry ... probably never will.

but i must disagree and here is why :

this is the break down of RIMMs sales of blackberries :

Q1 11.2 M
    Q2 12.1 M
    Q3 14.2 M

Q1 13.2 M
    Q2 10.6 M
    Q3 14.1 M

for the first 3 quarters of 2010 they sold a total of 37.5 M phones, in the first 3 quarters of 2011 they sold 37.9 M phones and increase of 400,000 phones, i don't see this as a decrease in market share , if something it is a small increase or staying the same.

this company had a net income of 3.4 B $ last year and is currently valued at 6.9B $ , even if this year they make 1/2 the profit of last year i still think they are woafly under valued for such a large global brand with no debt.

5. you know i hate it when people get information from someone else and don't check to see if its right.

you should always check.

according to the financial reports i have in Q3 apple sold 20.34M phones and black berry sold 14.1M phones so how i ask you can it be possible that apple (iphone) has 29% of sales and RIMM (blackberry) has 11%.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR FACTS

6. [​IMG]

7. refer to my last post:

you know i hate it when people get information from someone else and don't check to see if its right.

you should always check.

according to the financial reports i have in Q3 apple sold 20.34M phones and black berry sold 14.1M phones so how i ask you can it be possible that apple (iphone) has 29% of sales and RIMM (blackberry) has 11%.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR FACTS

8. DirkDigler

your chart is even more outrageous

9. Deas418

Deas418

They sold 1 % more smart phones(37.5 vs. 37.9M) and the total market expanded by 58% and you do not see the falling market share.

2010 total smartphones: 297 million smartphones
    2011 total smartphones: 472 million

YoY increase in sales of 58%.

And their total market share is 8% like in chart: 37.9 / 472 = 0.08

10. you know i love it when people pull numbers out of there ass just to make them selves look good!

apple iphone sales 2011 : 72 M units

lets plug this number in 72/472 = 0.15 (15%) not as your graph suggests 43%

Deas418 stop posting on this thread your just not adding anything constructive .

im looking for reasons to get out of this trade or why this company is so under valued , at the moment im not finding many , except for what seems to me inaccurate information being spread and everybody accepting it .

i will question every opinion set forward , and so should every one else.

#10     Mar 6, 2012