right wing ideologues. do you see your part in this predicament we are in?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 11, 2012.

1. I have watched all three episodes on HBO. Some entertaining segments, but painfully predictable.
    Not much different than this:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7MaJLbJDuAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Brass

Brass

Good find, FT. Food for thought.

3. Ricter

Ricter

Sorry to shit on your thread but...

That was a promising (if brutal) start to the series. But, on further watching, imo it sucks. I can't stand the "machine gun" dialog delivery style, and talk about your histrionics, wow. Gave me a headache. The show may be "so far left it's right".

As to the data the protagonist delivers--haven't checked into it. Need it in textual format. : )

4. dont get hbo so have never watched it but this little bit on youtube has a ring of truth to it even though its just fiction.
    americans do have an overinflated opinion of themselves.

5. Brass

Brass

At its extreme, it has a Third Reichishness to it. And it leads to inevitable complacency. Which led to Aaron Sorkin's poignant observation via Jeff Daniels's character. Sorkin is a class act.

6. The machine gun dialog is the result of a gigantic leftist brain which manufactures thoughts so fast that their mouths can barely spit out the words fast enough. Really smart people talk really fast, don't ya' know. Mere mortals, aka stoopud republicans, can't really be expected to keep up.

7. Brass

Brass

Perhaps you should stick to reruns of Three's Company. Be sure to get the cable service with the pause feature, so you can take it all in. :D

8. Ricter

Ricter

Watched episode 3 last night. They're toning it down a bit, not as grating as the first two episodes. Still, I feel like they're setting up the fights to be the way they wished they had been fought. Sensibly, you have to acknowledge that your foe believes just as fervently as you do, and that includes both the belief, and the judgement of the veracity of that belief. There is no easy way.