Rick Santorum Wants to Fight ‘The Dangers Of Contraception’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 15, 2012.

1. would you really want this kind of thinking in a president?

Rick Santorum gave an interview with an Evangelical blog called Caffeinated Thoughts, in which he said contraception is “not okay,” and that this would be a public policy issue he would tackle as President.

One of the things I will talk about that no President has talked about before is I think the dangers of contraception in this country, the whole sexual libertine idea. Many in the Christian faith have said, “Well, that’s okay. Contraception’s okay.”

It’s not okay because it’s a license to do things in the sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be. They’re supposed to be within marriage, they are supposed to be for purposes that are, yes, conjugal, but also [inaudible], but also procreative. That’s the perfect way that a sexual union should happen.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2012/02/1...t-the-dangers-of-contraception/#ixzz1mT8Ui9hI
    Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2012/02/1...t-the-dangers-of-contraception/#ixzz1mT8M1hEU

2. Yep, Obama's dream candidate from the GOP. No one wants to be told 'what is right' from someone so socially conservative. To right of Queen Victoria, who actually wasn't as pious as she espoused I hear.

c

3. Santorum = 60/40 blowout. He's not a Senator anymore 'cuz he lost his last re-election bid, not because he retired. The margin was 59-41. A blowout.
    So, 40 if the GOP is lucky. I think McGovern actually came in below 40. Not sure about Goldwater.

4. achilles28

achilles28

Ahh....yes. Contraception. One of the defining issues of our time.

5. Mercor

Mercor

He said "In particular, he said he would “get rid of any idea that you have to have abortion coverage or contraceptive coverage” as a government policy."

He wants contraceptive products to be in the private market. Available at any retail , medical outfit.

If a private insurance company wants to cover them , that is fine.

6. rew

rew

Yeah, it's weird. I can understand why people oppose abortion. But contraception? Santorum owns that issue. I'm quite sure the other candidates want no part of it.

7. Brass

Brass

This from the candidate whose clarion call is "freedom" and who believes the government is being too intrusive in people's lives.

"Faith, family and freedom," Santorum's mantra. His faith, his version of family, and your freedom to live by his theocratic rules, or else.

8. Had Santorum met you, no doubt he'd be pro-contraception.

9. Brass

Brass

As are your folks, in retrospect?

10. No, but I can see how you might "think" that if yours are.

#10     Feb 15, 2012