Restore Function

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by easyrider, May 13, 2006.

1. I started having problems with one of my programs so I activated the restore function and it tells me that I wont lose any of my recent work. Well what if the recent work is the cause of the problem? When I set a restore date I want it to go back and take off everything that is not included at that date otherwise what is the purpose of the restore function? I can restore it to factory settings of course but that wastes a lot of time as I have to reinstall everything. I tried drive image awhile back but never got it to work right. Is there some easy way to do this? Get everything just the way you want it, store the settings somehow and go back to those settings any time you want and erase everything after that point?

2. Hi Easy,

to be proactive... set up System Restore to always ask you (automatically) if you want to SET a restore point WHENEVER YOU TRY to INSTALL something new... OTHERWISE you need to actually set a manual restore point each time.

this takes care of registry settings and installations and rollbacks on them...

for data...

as long as you are backing up your data on a secondary hard drive then you have the ability to roll back to one or two back restore points and still get any data you want from the second drive if that data is needed to be recovered too...

cj...

hth...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code