Research Study - Help needed!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by steveperkins, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I hope it's ok to post here.

I'm a psychotherapy student carrying out a research study as part of overall PhD programme - I need some help from traders!

I’m researching the mental health experiences of front-office staff (banking). I still need a small number of participants to help in this study. All that is needed is a willingness to talk about your mentalheath experiences, and to have worked in a front-office environment within the last five years. Could be trading, quant, eTrad, analysis, support, contractors etc - all F/O experience qualifies.

This is completely confidential and this would take just an hour of your time in Aug/Sep. This is a chance to take part in an important study that we hope will lead to improvements in mental healthcare provision in banks. Your help will truly count - this would mean better clinical outcomes for anyone working in these environments who experiences mental health difficulties.

Please just contact me directly through LinkedIn or here: steve@whitestonetherapy.com.

If you have any questions then let me know, happy to answer anything. If you know anyone you think could help and might be interested, I’d really appreciate if you could share my post with your network or point them my way.

Cheers everyone,
    Steve

2. I don't believe a word you are saying. I believe you devised a "clever" ( or sort of clever) way to get free mentoring from professional traders. It will not work. Do you know why? Because on the internet real traders don't talk. If somebody talks he/she is not a real trader.

3. I take it I can't count on your help? :)

Check out my linkedin profile which I put above. I'm not after free lessons! I'm a retired investment banker.

This is about mental health, not trading strategies. Long shot I know. You are right, most traders simply don't talk about these things.

4. Fonz

Fonz

Hi Mr student. Just browse and read the posts.. Sure you can do your own selection of interesting specimen here :)

5. dheagerty

dheagerty

Is this another government funded research study?

6. There were two completely sane people here...they left.

7. Overnight

Overnight

Umm, OKAY then!

Mental healthcare provision in banks. Why don't you psychoanalyze how stupid that statement sounds. You need to fly, dude.

Why don't you analyze the unrelenting fear people all have now about the stupid B737 MAX planes, and how it is killing airliner industry profits because everyone is afraid to fly on anything now?

Jeez, it is like people forgot about Lockerbie Scotland, and Flight 800, and 9/11. ETC ETC ad nauseum. ANALYZE THAT!