Reliable Stock Data Feed / Broker

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Deenius, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Deenius

Deenius

Hi!

I was comparing a few stock data feeds and I'm a little concerned. The difference in time and sales (order flow) is sometimes really huge. I compared Lightspeed LS Trader, Sterling Trader Pro, DAS Trader Pro and TradeZero Pro.

I used the Lightspeed LS Trader as a reference. It should be the best, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Difference between Lightspeed LS Trader and Sterling Trader Pro => Almost the same
    Difference between Lightspeed LS Trader and DAS Trader Pro => Big difference
    Difference between Lightspeed LS Trader and TradeZero Pro => Big difference
    Difference between DAS Trader Pro and TradeZero Pro => Big difference

I would like to trade based on the reading the tape. However, differences between data feeds makes me hesitate. How can I know which data feed is reliable? If some trades are assigned to the wrong side (for example to the BIDs instead of OFFERs), I can not do the right analysis. Any advice? Thank you!

2. Deenius

Deenius

I also made the video of comparing data feeds of DAS Trader Pro and TradeZero Pro.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

LS Trader and Sterling Trader Pro for our customers are both reliable. Any delay would be based on your internet providers and distance to NY4.

4. Deenius

Deenius

Thank you for fast respond Robert.

I understand the delay issue. However, what I don't understand how it is possible to replace the BID for the ASK trade? I see discrepancy even between Lightspeed LS Trader and Sterling Trader Pro. Please look at another video below.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I looked at this and do not know what you are trying to show me and if the video is a live platform or delayed data. LS market data come from Lightspeed. Sterling market data comes from sterling tech. Both feeds come from NY4 as far as I know and should both be very fast for a local solution.

6. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

The quotes are correct, but there's a discrepancy in color coding. Look at the 39 second mark of the video. The Lightspeed T&S shows 500 shares coming through on the bid and the Sterling Pro T&S shows 500 shares coming through on the ask.

My guess would be this comes down to the different software programs and the way they interpret the incoming data.

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

This is a LS demo. You are looking at DEMO software not live.

8. Deenius

Deenius

What's the difference between demo and live account data? It should be only delay, right? LS demo and Sterling demo are delayed in the same way (20 minutes I think).

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Demo servers are not the same servers. LS is either live or 15 min delayed. I do not know what the Sterling one is.

The demo servers are not worth evaluating for speed. They are not built to be fast. They are set up to see how the software works and set up your hot keys etc. Demo is demo and live is live. This is just not worth your time to evaluate.

Evaluate our live software vs anyone your want. Fast. Choice of routing. Per Share and Per Trade commissions rates that are very low. Same with options. Great support for both retail and institutional clients.

If someone else demo software is better, that is just not a focus of our team.

Deenius and LS1Z28 like this.
  10. Deenius

Deenius

Ok, thank you for your clarification Robert.

I have one last technical question about LS Trader and I think you are the most competent person to answer.

What determines whether the print is classified as BID or OFFER? Is this information included in the data feed or does the platform assign print side by comparing the current BID and ASK values? Thank you.

#10     Aug 21, 2018