Regulated Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by proptrader12345, Dec 18, 2008.

1. I have been trying to find out which daytrading firms are regulated in their various Countries/provinces but more so in Canada. A few claim that they are regulated and a Google search confirms this . I am NOT sure what it’s worth but regardless of payout wouldn’t it be better to be with a regulated entity then one that has no one looking over them ?

2. yes

3. dve250

dve250

Wasn't Lehman regulated, and Modoff to an extent? So what the fuck's the difference? It depends on the officers integrity of the company and nothing else.

4. Prop firms are independently run. If an independent goes to the task of registering with the proper regulators you would have to think they are legit. PLUS NO major Canadian prop firm or company or bd has had ANY issues what so ever. Thus the best bet may be to trade through a Canadian Prop firm who is registered with the IDA as they all pay out 70% plus and all charge 20 cents a 1000 for volume, now all you have to do is find the ones that are registered.

5. bespoke

bespoke

oh they do? which ones?

i only know of one that will give out 70% (unless you are exceptional) and i don't really trust my money there

6. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

Who cares if they are regulated as long as you don't have to deposit any money to trade and they pay your salary or profits every week friday.

it would be like regulating individual traders/investors

the securities are already regulating the industry with margin etc regulations.

7. TITLE
    WORLD TRADE
    GOLDEN MARKET
    LION
    sure there is more

8. In regards to the post below wouldn’t you at least like to know the firm paying you OR holding your risk bank was sanctioned by a governing body. It’s so funny how traders and people get pissed when there is no over sight and then when prop firms go out of their way to get registered they are bashed as well...guess there is no winning here. All i was doing is pointing out to ALL traders that if your choosing to go to a firm and the payouts are basically the same and the commish why wouldn’t you go with a registered firm.

Who cares if they are regulated as long as you don't have to deposit any money to trade and they pay your salary or profits every week friday.

it would be like regulating individual traders/investors

the securities are already regulating the industry with margin etc regulations

9. bespoke

bespoke

title - 50 (i doubt a branch will give you 70 when they have to give 25 to head office. but who knows)
    golden - 60 but varies
    lion - okay 70. roar

10. Title and Golden do pay 70+ and world trade i just would trust as i was sent the contract and its so full of shit that an idiot would'nt sign it. They offer 10% of their profits to everyone....give me a break..that leaves in the 20 cents per thousand cost
    Title-good firm
    golden-good firm
    bright- good firm (not 20 cents)
    lion-terrible reviews
    firstnat-good firm
    swift-good firm
    and them all the others. From what i googled there seems to be only 2 firms that are registered out of every Canadian firm .DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you give a deposit OR even wait to be paid by the firm. Ask around if you do the right homework you hopefully wont be screwed one day.

#10     Dec 19, 2008