Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Mike Lofgren retired on June 17 after 28 years as a Congressional staffer. He served 16 years as a professional staff member on the Republican side of both the House and Senate Budget Committees.

Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

"Over the last four decades, the Republican Party has transformed from a loyal opposition into an insurrectionary party that flouts the law when it is in the majority and threatens disorder when it is the minority. It is the party of Watergate and Iran-Contra, but also of the government shutdown in 1995 and the impeachment trial of 1999. If there is an earlier American precedent for today’s Republican Party, it is the antebellum Southern Democrats of John Calhoun who threatened to nullify, or disregard, federal legislation they objected to and who later led the fight to secede from the union over slavery."

Republican Party of 2011 believes in three principal tenets I have laid out below. The rest of their platform one may safely dismiss as window dressing:

1. The GOP cares solely and exclusively about its rich contributors. The party has built a whole catechism on the protection and further enrichment of America’s plutocracy. Their caterwauling about deficit and debt is so much eyewash to con the public.

http://www.philstockworld.com/2011/...ections-of-a-gop-operative-who-left-the-cult/

2. rew

rew

The Democratic Party sucks just as bad.

How lucky for the Democrats that their only opposition is the Republicans.

How lucky for the Republicans that their only opposition is the Democrats.

3. jem

jem

exactly - they both serve the same masters because those masters have the money.

We have to stop campaign bribery.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto, of course you can't tell any of our democrap lap dogs that.

5. wildchild

wildchild

Why would you waste 28 years being a Congressional Staffer? I am not going to put much credence into anything this loser says.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

And the democrats don't care about their rich contributors? LOL. Dude, seriously, change the free thinker handle ASAP. It's embarrassing.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't think Tinker Bell is smart enough to realize it.

8. i didnt write it dumb ass. we already know you cant think past what right wing tv tells you but cant you read.?

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I didn't say you said it dumbass. Learn to read you stupid inbred South Dakota tool.

10. Max E.

Max E.

Got to love people like Freethinker who post things, and then throw their hands in the air and act aloof at the thought that someone would attribute the garbage they are posting to the posters actual beliefs.

Freethinker made a specific point of just posting the first 2 sentences of number 1 of the authors "Three principal republican tenets" and that paragraph just so happened to say:

1. The GOP cares solely and exclusively about its rich contributors. The party has built a whole catechism on the protection and further enrichment of America’s plutocracy. Their caterwauling about deficit and debt is so much eyewash to con the public.

There was another full page of reading with the rest of number 1 and the authors 2 other "Tenets of the republican party" but he zeroed in only on these 2 sentences.

And Freethinker throws his hands in the air in misbelief, when you pointed to the fact that dems are just as bad, saying "It wasnt me who wrote it?!" As if that is some kind of defense against his ridiculous belief that only the right wing panders to people who are rich.

Quite comical.

:D

#10     Sep 9, 2011