Recommend to trade for a living ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Street Trader, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I don't have any license nor certificate, I am just a street trader.

I have been trading for years and lose a lot of money. I have bought many EAs, indicators, trading systems but none of them can make profit. I also have created a lot of systems and one by one wipe out live account as well… Finally I’ve found a strategy that works, it’s a swing trading strategy and I'm sticking with it now.

Unfortunately, I have spent all money in developing this system and now I just prove it can works on demo account.

So, what do you recommend for me to trade for a living for now on?

Thank you in advance.
    Street trader

2. Here is a revolutionary idea, trade your free time for a job that pays you by the hour. After you have saved up enough money then you are back on your way to trade your winning strategy.

There are alternative strategies like moving to the UK and living on "the dole" but you will have to ask Trading Education Buyer about that...

3. birzos

birzos

Yes, that's what happens. There are only a few ways to trading: work hard and incrementally generate income or capital over decades (retail), you get to affluent but rarely more; do what the larger firms do, skew the markets to them, they don't care about people making incremental amounts; look at the long game for 240mn/1d/1w timeframes over decades, nothing they can do to stop you.

What you have done is use your capital to find the holes in the institutions models, this is a high efficiency approach. But there's a problem, having spent capital finding, and annoyingly offsetting, their weaknesses. When you try and run your methodology on low timeframes (1mn/5mn) to generate compounded returns you will suddenly find 'anomalies' such as deleted trades, etc. There isn't much we haven't seen in the markets.

The financial markets have 'safeguards' in them to protect against rapid returns. For example, in July/Aug/Sep we ran our indicator streams on 240mn and 1d charts, returned 20% per month without any issue. When we switched to 1mn and 5mn trades in Oct/Nov suddenly third party anomalies started showing up which destroyed the trades, a broker blew up my personal account because they deleted stops after confirmation. These days all sizes of account are 'fair' game, the fun part is working out how to reverse it 10:1.

Everyone wants to make money, the brokers and clearing agents don't want any HFT or near HFT without you paying them their fees, and the system doesn't want you becoming an elite overnight. If you used our indicators on short timeframes they're so accurate they will trigger clearing algos to stop the flow, we know because we've triggered them. If you get past those you'll find your trades reversed and if that fails you'll just be hit with bureaucracy to slow everything down, this one is very effective unless you now how to bypass it. So we're looking at options for HFT including desensitize the signals, stupid but that's how it works.

I've developed the algos and processes for the institutions, having been trained by C-Suite and elites, so know how they work, meaning I have experience to see the dynamics when they kick in, plus I have an eidetic memory to identify the flow. Your simplest approach is to get yourself a job for income and use the trading on 240mn and 1d for capital. I wouldn't recommend anyone tries high efficiency gains on low timeframes without someone backing them up. You very quickly end up on the wrong side if you don't have people who can identify why the anomaly occured and neutralize the garbage they come out with to block fair trades, it will always be your fault. I identified a forward $50bn hole in one company, you should have seen how quickly the lawyers jumped on that to stop the information release, they went on to lose $100bn, but who's counting.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

So true. Now, all brokers tell you fees are low compared to a decade ago, "everyone can scalp" and game is fair.
    But reality is that they will just take your money slower, or cheat if you win because game is rigged.

CM

Street Trader likes this.
  5. kent

kent

Can you elaborate a bit on this please? Are you trying to say those who trade in lower timeframe will be cheated by the brokers or the system if they become profitable? Does this apply to all markets or to any specific market like forex?

And how the broker could delete the stops after confirmation?

VPhantom and Street Trader like this.
  6. qxr1011

qxr1011

i think that the method you have now at hand still does not work...you just do not have money left to prove it to yourself...

also, with the development of the trading method the trader develops as well...

and developed as a trader one do no asks the opinion of other of what to do next...

so do not fool yourself: you neither the trader nor have the trading method

want to develop further your "method": continue research...

or join the legions of killed in action

good luck

Elsie and Street Trader like this.
  7. xandman

xandman

Do not entertain "Trading for a Living posts" from new/random posters.

Street Trader: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

Additionally, probably the best psychological program even for successful traders.

Street Trader likes this.
  8. Trading a demo/paper account vs real money is different. Your track record speaks for it self, trading is not for everyone. IMHO get a real job, stop trading before you hurt yourself, or a loved one. If you must trade, start small with money you can loose and see where it goes. You'd most likely repeat history. If not, carry on and scale into big money, cautiously.
    The best investor of all time, Warren's return for 2015 is -11%. So anyone that boast about 20% return in one month must be on drugs or ready to take your money. A lot of snake oil salesmen in this industry.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Elsie, comagnum and Street Trader like this.
  9. I have put a question mark at the end of the topic.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  10. Yes, I know how it works. I have asked "recommend for me (how) to trade for a living", not how to develop the system?

Thanks

#10     Dec 10, 2016