Recipes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Not my veggies just a touch of vinegar. NO OIL!

:D

#21     Jan 26, 2010

2. "Researchers believe that lycopene, a red pigment with high antioxidant potential, is the most likely agent involved in this effect. Tomatoes contain more lycopene than any other commonly consumed food, but tomato products vary in lycopene content. Tomatoes cooked in oil, such as tomato sauce, are believed to have the highest benefit, as cooking breaks down cell walls to release more lycopene, while oil is thought to enhance the absorption of the fat-soluble chemical."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tomatoes cooked in oil, such as tomato sauce, are believed to have the highest benefit, as cooking breaks down cell walls to release more lycopene, while oil is thought to enhance the absorption of the fat-soluble chemical."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

"while oil is thought to enhance the absorption of the fat-soluble chemical."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2001-08/acs-spn081401.php

#22     Jan 26, 2010
  3. i believe it is true that fat helps in the absorption of fat soluble nutrients but there's plenty of fat (POLY) already present in the vegetable. No need to harm your health adding additional fat in form of OILS.
    EAT LOTS OF VEGETABLES getting enough nutrients is certainly no issue; quite the contrary

It is the FATTY meat-centered plate that is not getting enough! :D

#23     Jan 26, 2010
  4. My favorite Indian food: Butter Chicken

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tD9O-L2Xvzo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tD9O-L2Xvzo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#24     Jan 26, 2010
  5. you must be insane to suggest this as health food :D

#25     Jan 26, 2010
  6. Diners Drive ins and Dives. This show is the best food show on television. The ends these restauranteurs go in preparing their food is just unbeatable. Absolutely the best.

#26     Jan 26, 2010
  7. It's a balance diet. It got all the veggies, protein, fat, dairy, and spices that we need. Just don't eat it regularly because it's very fattening and it's a nightmare to prepare! :p

#27     Jan 26, 2010
  8. I am not sure what shrimp bayou is but I will give you a shrimp recipe. Its pretty easy and ought to taste pretty good.

Get good fresh shrimp if they are available. If not buy the frozen raw shrimp. Make sure it is raw and not the frozen cooked shrimp. I think frozen cooked shrimp is shit. Choose the size you want. If you buy frozen you will see something like 16-20 on the bag. That means that there are 16-20 shrimp per pound. Of course the smaller the number, the bigger the shrimp.

Thaw the shrimp.

Season the shrimp with whatever seasoning. You could use Old Bay or some cajun seasoning. Toss the shrimp around so you have a uniform coating.

Clarify butter. If you don't know how to do this, it is easy. Melt butter and let the oil separate from the milk solids(the white stuff). Use a spoon and carefully spoon the oil into another container. Save the white stuff. Also, it is better to use un-salted butter because you can always add salt later.

Heat a skillet over medium heat.

Once the skillet is heated add the clarified butter and then the shrimp. You really only need enough clarified butter to coat the bottom. The shrimp should not be swimming in it.

Cook them but don't overcook. They will become tough if overcooked.

Once they are cooked put them in bowl or on a plate.

Use a basting brush and coat them with the milk solids from the butter.

Squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the shrimp if desired.

Remember to get the best shrimp possible. If you have fresh shrimp available go for it.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can also teach you have to make a killer steak if interested.

#28     Jan 26, 2010
  9. certainly isn't the veggies that are fattening must be all that added fat; you think this might be a clue sherlock :D

#29     Jan 26, 2010
  10. #30     Jan 26, 2010