realtime options price api for linux? f*ck iqfeed for not supporting linux

Discussion in 'Options' started by stochastix, Dec 7, 2020.

1. any other reliable providers?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Linux version of interactive brokers API.

VPhantom and sysdevel99 like this.
  3. VPhantom likes this.
  4. Pavel Koryakin

Pavel Koryakin Vendor

It won't be a walk in a park, but you can try running iqfeed under Wine. Here is a dockerized solution. I've tried smth similar a couple of years ago and it worked. But not sure that I used exactly this image then.

CQG WebApi is based on websocket and protobuf serialization, so it's platform-independent.

5. terr

terr

Could you run IQFeed on a Windows machine on local network and Socket-connect to it from your Linux application?

6. What is Linux? Some people still using this trash just because it's free? Spend 100 bucks for a decent windows version then you don't have to bent over anymore and run any application to your liking.

7. I'm using Interactive Brokers on either Windows or Linux (Ubuntu) with no problems. Both Trader Workstation (IB's GUI application) and my own Java-based application that connects to TWS and uses the Interactive Brokers API.

As long as you're writing in Java it's fairly irrelevant weather you're using Windows or Linux.

Linux is a bit more friendly to software developers than Windows but then again I used to install CygWin on windows so I can have the command line tools (less, grep). Lately I don't even need CigWin since GIT comes with a bash shell which includes the Linux tools.

I find a bit easier in Linux to set up jobs to run automatically at different times (ex: downloading market data at end of day).

DiceAreCast and qlai like this.
  8. Goodluck with the blue screen of death and spyware you ignorant asshole. I bet you buy cars with the hood welded shut where you just have to buy a totally new car if something doesn't work the way you want ?

VPhantom likes this.
  9. obviously java and Linux are great. ib doesn't stream tick by tick option data

10. no. absolutely no windows Microsoft crap in my systems whatsoever. the kernel is trash

#10     Dec 8, 2020
    VPhantom likes this.