Really dumb question...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 2weels, Jul 1, 2017.

1. 2weels

2weels

Sorry for this question I probably should be able to figure out on my own but so far I haven't. I'm sure I'll feel dumb when somebody tells me.

Sometimes I start to post a reply to a post, and change my mind. My browser window is on the thread, and my post is created at the bottom, but I want to abort or delete my post and be left with the thread. But I don't see a way to delete the post I started. I don't see a little trash can icon, or "cancel," or such.

I end up closing the browser window, and losing the thread. I may have opened 10 threads after looking at "most popular threads" and it takes a minimal but annoying effort to reinstate a window with the thread in it I'm reading through.

So, how to you delete a post you started but now want to abort, without closing the browser window?

Thanks.

2. Xela

Xela

I think I know what you mean. You're referring to the fact that that half-written/whatever post will be "remembered" next time you open that same thread, aren't you?

You can lose that, if you want, by removing your text from the box and waiting until the blank box is autosaved in its place.

I'm not certain I've answered what you're asking, so apologies if I've been unhelpful and merely confused the issue further, but what I've mentioned above does work.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

In the box where your text is, look at the icon bar, you'll see two half-circle icons. To the left of that is what looks like a floppy disk. Click it and voila'!

Xela likes this.
  4. Can't you just highlight it and hit delete? Or click the undo icon in the icon bar?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. As long as you don't hit the button "Post Reply" will nothing be posted. If you want to be extra secure, you could delete all text which you wrote in that text box. If the text box is empty and you hit "Post Reply" will you get an error message.
    And finally, if by accident you did post a reply: there is a little "Delete" mark, in blue leter font, at the bottom of your message. I believe that you can delete (or edit) your message during a few minutes after you have posted it.

6. 2weels

2weels

OK, thanks much. That seems like it should work, I'll give it a try.

7. 2weels

2weels

Great, the floppy gives the option of "delete draft." That's what I need.

Thanks everyone, I was just uncomfortable having the draft sitting there after I no longer wanted to post it.

8. Mtrader

Mtrader

You can also post just 1 letter and then you see the button DELETE. Click on it and the posting is gone.