RandomWalkTrading Vs stratagemtrade.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by shortseller, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Hello ET

I was just wondering if anyone happen to know so of the details about this splinter group.

it was my understanding RandomWalktrading was a former optionetics instructor who went rogue, who (I was under the impression) was the "Secret" Owner of RandomWalkTrading-

Apparently that's incorrect and Odd to see them split off from what i thought was themselves.

I guess past people were Scott, Terry, Alex, Lad, Robert, most seem to be X optionetics / floor traders people, and all moved on.

the Stratagemtrade.com seems to prominently display they were the writers of the Randomwalktrading material - odd.

anyone have any experience with Stratagemtrade?

2. Dolemite

Dolemite

I am assuming they would both pretty much have the same approach? Come up with a market opinion, put on verticals and leg in to the other side as the market moves then come up with a catchy name (randomwalker, convoluted, black ops, etc.). The problem I always found is that the position (and it's good looking expiration graph with very low risk tails) is dependent on reading the market and not necessarily a transferable skill.

Roberto Lopez likes this.
  3. Thanks for responding Dolemite

Your response helps touch on a better way to ask my question- if the talent keeps moving, wouldn't the company have to have some sort of *brain drain*- apparently every education company has X floor traders or OEX guys- but i often wonder how much of that is actually true.

4. having had some experience with stratagem trade - i can say that their material is quite detailed and effective. They seem to be getting a good following and their also posting free material. Hope this helps

Roberto Lopez likes this.
  5. Shortseller:
    I am not a fan of Optiontics or RandomWalk. I am, however, a fan of Scott and have seen him speak at both firms. Is a floor trader (SPX I think) that knows his stuff better than anyone I have seen, and explains the complicated into easy to understand language. I own several books he wrote and consider them the Bible. I know FUTURES of STOCKS and COMMODIITES magazine called them that as well. I will follow Scott wherever he goes. As for why he left RW I dont know, but I attended tw sessions with their new trader and it was aweful. I am now getting a free trial of the STRATAGEM class and am impressed. I will let you know when I know more.
    Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  6. I have just been recommended to this wonderful site (elite trader), and even though I have been doing this for years, I am learning here. Thank you. I do want to say one thing about my thread above....I am very good at options and both of these companies are NOT for everyone. Stratagem is really only for people who have a very solid option background, and I don't even think either of the companies have solid material for new option traders. You are better off getting the free stuff on CBOE.Com. But advanced traders should learn from Scott or Jon Najarian (seen on CNBC). Again, just my opinion, but it is always nice to save money when starting.

That said...when I said "I am not a fan of..." I didn't mean that mean. They are great companies. What I was attempting to say, but messed up, was that Scott is who the company is and without him neither are going to be good. He was also speaking at Optionetics a long time ago about Broken Wing Butterflies and in 20 mins made something difficult easy.

But again...if you are starting out.....save the money as there is a TON of FREE stuff everywhere. It is not until you learn the strategies that it makes sense to invest some money learning HOW TO USE THEM.

7. status1

status1

This is just a comment about Randomwalk than a comparison
    I think the their website is suffering since Scott left It seems to be stuck in the past back in 2018 as some of the videos they have Also there was a recent presentation on Aeromir but if you try to get a free subscription you get a 404 error, the admin email no one is replying to so it seems that Ed is just working from home and no one is doing anything about the website to fix or improve it