Racism allegations against Tea Party by liberals didn't work

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Nov 7, 2010.

1. West says racism allegations against Tea Party by liberals didn't work
    By Kevin Cullum 11/06/10

Florida's first black Republican congressman credited the Tea Party with standing up against allegations of racism from the left in supporting his successful candidacy.

“So I think that the -- the liberal progressives saw the strength of the grass-roots movement that we call the Tea Party which stands for 'taxed enough already' and they tried to turn against it,” Rep.-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) said Friday on "Hannity" on Fox News.

“And the number one thing that you always try to do to silence an opponent in the United States of America is to call someone a racist.”

West said that attempts to tarnish the Tea Party did not foil his campaign. “And we see that that did not work whatsoever,” he said.

“Well, I think the most important thing with our race is that we ran on honor, integrity and character,” said West.

Another historic election took place in South Carolina, where Rep.-Elect Tim Scott also became the first black Republican congressman from his state since Reconstruction.

Scott said he grew up in a single-parent household, where he experienced “tough love.” He said the country needs to experience a similar idea. “And I think it's part of what we need in America today is we need to have an opportunity to experience tough love,” he said. “And that really means to limit the role of the government.”

The two new members will join a Republican majority in the House. West has announced that he will join the Congressional Black Caucus, saying he plans to join the Democratic-dominated bloc to challenge the CBC's "monolithic voice."

Florida's first black Republican congressman credited the Tea Party with standing up against allegations of racism from the left in supporting his successful candidacy.

“So I think that the -- the liberal progressives saw the strength of the grass-roots movement that we call the Tea Party which stands for 'taxed enough already' and they tried to turn against it,” Rep.-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) said Friday on "Hannity" on Fox News.

“And the number one thing that you always try to do to silence an opponent in the United States of America is to call someone a racist.”

West said that attempts to tarnish the Tea Party did not foil his campaign. “And we see that that did not work whatsoever,” he said.

“Well, I think the most important thing with our race is that we ran on honor, integrity and character,” said West.

Another historic election took place in South Carolina, where Rep.-Elect Tim Scott also became the first black Republican congressman from his state since Reconstruction.

Scott said he grew up in a single-parent household, where he experienced “tough love.” He said the country needs to experience a similar idea. “And I think it's part of what we need in America today is we need to have an opportunity to experience tough love,” he said. “And that really means to limit the role of the government.”

The two new members will join a Republican majority in the House. West has announced that he will join the Congressional Black Caucus, saying he plans to join the Democratic-dominated bloc to challenge the CBC's "monolithic voice."

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

If you call everyone a racist for any and every thing they do or say, eventually it loses it meaning and or no one gives a shit anymore.

3. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=209841

4. “And the number one thing that you always try to do to silence an opponent in the United States of America is to call someone a racist."

5. Is that your response to the post I quoted? Is that it?

6. Yep, the far left statists in the media are going after them so desperately now that the racism propaganda failed so miserably... It's now gotten to the inevitable point where it only makes them sound foolish to the general public to make such accusations...

Here's one media sponsored statist trying desperately to put Rand Paul in a corner... Their bias is so transparent that it's pathetic for them to try to maintain that they are unbiased...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dN0N6roRGZ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dN0N6roRGZ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Hello

Hello

First off there were lots of conervatives like myself who were mad and still are with bush, but Mysteriously most people got even madder when 300 billion dollar deficits turned into 1.5 trillion dollar deficits, they got madder when another 1.5 trillion was dropped over the course of 6 months on stimulus and tarp, they got mad when a government who was already deeply in the red decided to drop another trillion on an entitlement program, they got mad when the value of their home was decimated, when the U.S. dollar was decimated, and when their 401k was decimated. They also got even madder once millions of jobs were lost.

Basically people finally snapped when every single last thing they had was stolen from them.... actually no wait it was because a black man got elected, there were no strange circumstances at the end of bushs term and start of Obamas which would have set them off..... give me a break, you guys keep on making the same stupid accusations repeatedly, and it keeps getting rebutted time after time after time.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1

9. Rand Paul? This is your poster boy? The self-certified opthalmologist? The guy who thought it was "un-American" to force BP to pony up for their mess? The guy who wants store owners to be able to refuse serving customers based solely on their race? Even though he "thinks it's wrong?"

I'm glad you found your hero.

#10     Nov 8, 2010