Quotetracker/Ameritrade historical data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by DonCorleone, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Is anyone using Ameritrade data having problems with QT not getting daily charts updated last few days? The intraday data is fine but the daily chart data seems to be not updating with symbols not in portfolio.

2. Yes me. Lot of historic charts are now blank. Sign says, no data.

Now using Bigcharts.com

3. Catoosa

Catoosa

Looks like TDAT is no longer using the "Default Quotes" for Historical backfill. I switched to Yahoo for historical backfill. I expect QuoteTracker will become unusable in the near future; However, I hope that is not the case. I hope QT will be available and usable for year in the future.

4. BC is the default backfill source and they changed their stuff so QT cannot get data from there anymore. If you switch to Yahoo, it should work

5. DKNV1

DKNV1

Thank you Don Corleone, I too have noticed that historical data is missing for most of February and in some cases, all of 2011. I e-mailed TDA about this, I am not getting any responses from QT tech support, will let you know if I hear anything........Regards...ddk

6. DKNV1

DKNV1

As a follow-up, I cannot use the streaming quotes since they won't update. The snap quotes are fine, streaming stopped working last year when the clocks changed back, hopefully the time change this Sunday will fix that problem....ddk

7. Catoosa

Catoosa

Today I tried switching my Historical Quotes source back to "Default Quotes" and found they seamed to be working again.

8. Thanks Catoosa. Can't find "default quote source". Where is it located.

9. I talked to a mid-level TD rep yesterday. I asked about QT and he said "wow, no one has mentioned QT to me in at least a year." Also QT seems to have disappeared from the "Trading Tools" tab at the TD site... I think the implication is pretty clear.

10. Catoosa

Catoosa

Look at the top of the QT main page > click on "Options" > Click on "Data Source" > Click on "Hist Backfill > Select backfill source from the drop down list. My best guess is Jerry Medved made the effort to get the problem fixed.

#10     Mar 10, 2011